Midi Fighter recording & juggling effect, please explain
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Midi Fighter recording & juggling effect, please explain

Hi all,
    I couldnt help but be in awe of the midi fighter mapping Ean demo'd on his recent vid, looks like a lot of fun!
    I dont own a midi fighter but I'd like to have a go at mapping it to my MPD24. Most of the mapping was explained clearly and concisely apart from the cue mashing with the shift+rec button.

Is the effect being used the beatslicer? In advanced or chained?

Also, what do the cue buttons do once in shift+rec mode?

Cheers
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

it's a beatslicer in advanced mode..
    i' recommend to just download the midifighter mapping and map it to your mpd with the learn function..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Thanks for the tip
    I downloaded the TSI file the other night but im still using TPro 1.2.1 so i cant see the mapping. Looks like im gonna have to go for that update ive been procrastinating on for so long.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Convert

let me know if it works for u, i tried downloading it the other night and tried to remap everything to my launch pad, but i couldnt make it work the same way ean did, there are just too many things there to map, it kinda confuses me.

cheers.

Hi,
    i managed to get it working a little while ago. I basically mapped my mpd24 to the notes the TSI file is programmed for. Its much simpler that way. Check out the official midi fighter mapping thread in this forum. Jaysum kindly provided all the notes needed to do this. Im unsure how the lauchpad works, but if you have editor software for the button commands, change it there. Then import the TSI file into TPro and assign your launchpad to the midi-in and midi-out. This will not harm your current config for your launchpad but may conflict if you have anything programmed for that note on that specific midi channel. (In the midi fighters case, channel 3).
    The TSI did need a couple of tweaks in the effect sections to select the correct effects on button pressing but if you sort all the commands by note its easy enough to see whats happening.
    hope that helps

Tech Convert

Thanks Flash101uk

I did manage to get 70% of the mappings right and i will post the TSI by tonite.

Tech Convert

Link to the TSI : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1562809/Scre...34.46%20AM.png

in a normal state pitch bend controls are for pitch bending but when u press and hold shift - 1 button, the pitch bending controls become tempo up / down & Play/Pause will become Cue/play

in a normal state loop button is to loop but when u press and hold shift - 1 and then shift 2 button, the pitch bending controls become loop length + / -

also pressing shift 1 button converts loop button to shift 2 button.

The upper Half of launchpad controls Deck a and the lower half deck b

FX Setting :

FX 1 : Beat slicer in advance mode
    FX 2 : Beat slicer in advance mode
    FX 3 : 1st fx - beat masher 2nd vex - lfo 90 - fx 3 - gater
    FX 4 : 1st fx - beat masher 2nd vex - lfo 90 - fx 3 - gater

===========

what i wanted was,
    1. toggle shift button which converts deck a and deck b controls to deck c and deck d.
    2. more refined vex pram controls perhaps not dedicated vex for deck a and b.
    3. the midi out for layout select has some bug.. try it urself.

Let me know if u like it or if u would like to modify it.

cheers

udyan

Tech Convert

Sorry the link to the TSI is here : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1562809/Nucleya%20TSI.tsi

Tech Convert

sorry my text edit on mac is acting a bit funny : vex = FX

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    The TSI did need a couple of tweaks in the effect sections to select the correct effects on button pressing but if you sort all the commands
    Hi,
    I mapped the Tsi file to my mpd18 and as you said the effects need tweaking, I was just wondering what effects to assign to the Effect 1 select for notes
    E2,F2,F#2 and G2. I don't see when these are used for effects??

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast