Disassemble X-session pro

Default Disassemble X-session pro

Has anyone disassembled an xsession pro? I want to do some mods and paint the casing but I'm not certain how to take it apart... my assumption is that there are screws under the footpads but they do not come off easily and I'm not keen on damaging them.

Thanks

*nudges Wuz into this conversation knowing he has taken it apart*

you're right about the screws under the rubber feet
    but the feet are quite robust.

i recommend a flat head screw driver small enough to wedge all the way down the side of the feet between the edge of the feet and the plastic surrounding.
    then just lever them off - the adhesive that holds them in place is good enough for them to stick back on after you do your mods.

The only other thing to get past is the removal of the knobs/faders which you can do with the same screwdriver, just stick it underneath and gently pop them off.
    This potentially scratches the outer casing a little bit but if you're careful the area you scratch will be hidden underneath the knobs when you put them back on. If you plan on painting the casing this is not an issue though.

I was fairly impressed by the build quality of this unit as a whole.
    Yes it is plastic, but it is also very solid and has lots of screws and frame internally.

Hope this helps!

With the knobs if you get some tooth floss or something and double it over itself a couple times(for strength), then hook the tooth floss under the knobs and pull directly up, this way you shouldnt damage your knobs

Thanks for the post too Wuz

very much appreciated I'll give it a shot!

I also took mine apart a while ago (I had a cracked track on the PCB because of a night of smushed shipping). It was easy as can be.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.