UK Only - Powered USB Hub!!

Default UK Only - Powered USB Hub!!

Hey folks

Despite the countless threads I can never seem to find a definitive answer on which powered USB hub I can buy in the UK.

They always only seem available in the USA.

Now I know we're only a small island but we're plucky buggers and full of blitz spirit.

So, fellow brits, can someone please tell me what powered USB hub works with a Macbook Pro for using 2 midi devices and a soundcard!

If you want to make me look like a dork by pasting the thread that covers this into my reply then please do...

Yours

Mx1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    I've been looking for a hub recently (just got a Belkin one for home, but it's a bit big) so I was wondering is the Trust one pretty stable?
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

I use this http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...wBA#ps-sellers

powers everything my macbook uses
    Sweet!

What do you power off it exactly if you don't mind me askin?

Has it got the old individually powered TTs, or whatever everyone is always banging on about?

Cheers fellow brit

tally ho.
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

erm I power it off a plug which then goes into an extension lead is it stable, it runs my macbook my Xone 4D my external HD my external soundcard or did, it has run that and my 1D on top of it without any problems, infact it's run all that while running Traktor and Ableton..

it works fine for me and it's not that big either, as for the TT's erm what are those lol!

does a powered hub improve performance in anyway?

atm only got 2 midi and a sound card, and 3 usb holes on laptop, so don't really need a hub. also have a fan that has a usb thru on it, so can connect 2 things to one port. figured as it drains a bit of power i'll always put nanopad on that as it doesn't seem as power hungry as sound card, and vci has it's own power source. (now i've said that, i'll put the vci on there, d'oh!!)

but, as the power is drawn from the laptop for the fan, sound card and nanopad. i assume that the windows power management is having to do a bit of work with the flow to the ports. would a powered one allow me to tweak some of the power mangement away from the usb side of things? say disable 2 of the 3 ports, link the powered one in, and no power is taken from the laptop at all for the devices etc as it's coming from the hub? so giving more processor time to dedicate to traktor?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

erm I power it off a plug which then goes into an extension lead
    Cheers mate - i did ask "What do you power off it exactly" - not how do you power it. ie how many midi devices, soundcard, etc

Quote Originally Posted by djalexlaine View Post
    maplins or pc world.
    Umm yeah... thanks! I am aware of those electronic giants.

It's just, as I understand it, getting the right USB hub is not straight forward.

There was a whole posting on the main blog about it, as its a confusing topic:

http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/01/2...ub-dj-hi-spee/

Anyway Ciar2001 if you reckon yours works sweet then ill get that badboy in!

Nice one

Works for me at home running all of that mate, as for playing out no idea i have yet to test it as i have only been back on the scene since June and not really pushing to play gigs..

but it runs all of that without any issues from what i can see