Info on Synth Design
    Tech Guru

Default Info on Synth Design

Attached is a link to a class I will be taking next spring, all the lectures (video), homework assignments, etc. are online. The class is basically on the design of hard synths and goes through the major hard synths and breaks them down. A large component of the class is designing and building some basic synths. I hope you techheads enjoy!

http://users.ece.gatech.edu/~lanterma/ems/

Ed. wasn't sure if this should've been in the controller subforum, sorry mods
    Last edited by mpetersen3; 02-10-2010 at 08:00 PM.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Jealous!

Wish my school had offered application papers as interesting as that

Tech Guru

I'm glad I can share them with you, the unfortunate downsides of tech are the cost and the women, and the fact that they make it painful intentionally (that's the institute not the women :P). The other thing that sucks is the 35k per year of debt I'm accruing
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

seems like you could take this class without paying anything if it's all online?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

After 12 hours per semester it costs me nothing to take additional classes, however I need it as a breadth elective for my major, and you get to work with the professor. But yea you essentially can take it for free, the prof just asks that if you like the materials to make a donation to his research, a really cool model for some info that otherwise wouldn't be making any kinda of money. Frankly I can't wait to work with him, the other class he teaches is GPU programming for videogames, which is a gnarly class also I feel. (might take that too for fun)