Pics/Video from my last show with FUKKK OFFF!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Pics/Video from my last show with FUKKK OFFF!

Enjoy!

Some pics:

One of the DJs in our crew, Optimixx Prime:

Fukkk Offf watching as I'm playing. He was stoked I played "Raven" by Proxy, probably because he's also German haha.

Getting in the Olympic spirit We're in Edmonton BTW.
    Co-founder, Promoter and DJ for Easy Love, an independent promotions company for dance events in Edmonton, AB.

Check out our blog for more information - www.easylovedance.com.

Tech Mentor

New Facebook profile pic

Hyping the crowd!

The other DJ in our crew, DJ Tron. He really killed it!

Packed house as expected.

Co-founder, Promoter and DJ for Easy Love, an independent promotions company for dance events in Edmonton, AB.

Tech Mentor

Really cool pic of Fukkk Offf, probably taken when the strobe was on.

Cute!

The end.

and of course the recap video:

http://www.youtube.com/easylovedance

Thanks, if you guys want to support us even more check out the blog - www.easylovedance.com. When I'm not busy announcing shows we do post about music etc., trying to keep it from becoming a 'commercial' blog as much as possible. Thanks and I'm sorry I don't post here as much as I used to, simply too busy! But you can trust me, I'm repping my VCI-100 + Trigger Finger + Traktor 3.3 quite hard! Funny story, a local music store started carrying them after I told them they should and they're now sold out, so let's keep it up

EDIT: Also really cool, with Fukkk Offf who was using a Launchpad + Nocturn, combined we had more MIDI controllers on stage than CD-Js!!

Tech Guru

was he doing a live set or a dj set?
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Mentor

I'd call it more a DJ set in Ableton than anything else, though with mostly his own tracks for sure. He does have the parts and everything and told me he does launch them like that and you can hear it in the mix (will be posted tomorrow on our blog actually) but when you say "live set" you sort of expect something more intricate than what he did. He's definitely more a producer than a DJ but at the same time he still killed it, one of those 'you had to be there' sorta things.

EDIT: Regarding his setup, the Launchpad uses the default config. really so it just acts to launch clips. The Nocturn is mapped to control filters/VSTs. If you guys have specific questions post them here and I'll see what I can do His setup in general isn't very complicated or anything IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    His setup in general isn't very complicated or anything IMO.
    complicated isn't aways better though. as long as he killed it

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Mentor

It's epic pictures like those that remind me of why I do this... thanks for sharing!

@miyuru : I really like your flyer design, congrats to your designer
    This must have been a cool show. Btw : Whats the location shown on your pictures ? looks like a gym hall or something ... ?
    Last edited by Gameboy; 02-11-2010 at 02:14 PM.
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy View Post
    @miyuru : I really like your flyer design, congrats to your designer
    This must have been a cool show. Btw : Whats the location shown on your pictures ? looks like a gym hall or something ... ?
    Thanks, we don't hire a designer but have always designed our own posters from the very start. The first poster we did was for DatA and we didn't really want to pay someone to do it, figured we could do it ourselves, and so we just went from there. I just made this poster the other day actually:

On that note, Optimixx Prime designed the Fukkk Offf poster himself.

Regarding the venue, it's at a place called Pawn Shop here in Edmonton. Capacity around 250 and meant for live music (bands). I love doing electronic shows there as it's always very intimate with great sound.

www.pawnshoplive.ca

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    complicated isn't aways better though. as long as he killed it
    Agreed, just didn't want anyone to assume anything

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    Enjoy!

Fukkk Offf watching as I'm playing. He was stoked I played "Raven" by Proxy, probably because he's also German haha.
    Proxy is from Russia man.
    Ughog Blog

Traktor Pro 1.2.2/Ableton 8/Numark Stealth Control/NI Audio 2 DJ/KORG NanoPAD and Kontrol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast