USB Recording with Xone42
    Tech Wizard

Default USB Recording with Xone42

Hey guys,

I cant seem to get my Xone42 recording in traktor. I have followed all the instructions (USB from mixer to laptop and connecting record out to USB in on the mixer). When I go into my windows sound settings to recording devices, windows recognises the mixer and shows input when I play music. However, traktor does not pick up any sound. In the recording settings in traktor, I have put it to external source, and then it gives me a choice of channel A,B,C and D....but doesnt seem to show the mixer codec. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help!

You need to put the chosen deck to audio through, so if you choose deck D in the settings then on the deck push the little arrow and choose audio through! You also need to select the line in 0,1 to deck D in the settings.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have selected channel D now and set the audio to through. Not quite sure i understood your last point fully....Ive gone into input settings in traktor (is that what you meant?) but it doesnt let me select anything for deck D??

He means :
    Push the little arrow under one of the deck symbols (like A, B, C, D) in the NORMAL MIX VIEW (not the Settings) and choose 'Audio Through'. Now Traktor will route the incoming audio stream through this deck and you can record it via the integrated recording function.
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Tech Wizard

cheers. yeah i got that part, just the last sentance im uncelar about with the line in ? stilll not gettin any signal. any sugestions?

I mean in the input setting you have to select yout input to the right deck. Something like this :

Tech Wizard

hey thanks for your reply.

it doesnt let me select anything in the input options as you have shown. so traktor doesnt seem to recognise the mixer. could this be a problem with the driver? windows however recognises it...

Tech Wizard

traktor only lets me select something for the input if i select the mixer (instead of my audio 2) as the main audio device in the audio setup menu. however then i cant play back any music?!?

Hmmmmm. First are you trying to work with 2 soundcards? traktor only supports one soundcard at a time.
    So you dont see any inputs. Hmmmm. I think i read something that the drivers are not too good, so you should try using asio4all. Look in google its free!
    Last edited by denisps2; 02-15-2010 at 11:05 AM.