A simple dubstep track produced with Traktor! only using electro house for samples.

Smile A simple dubstep track produced with Traktor! only using electro house for samples.

Thanks to Traktors fx, it's pos to take a few samples and have some pretty outside the box Traktor fun. Its a bit ruff round the edge's, but its only in its early stages at the mo. Plus my midi controllers decided to show off there low build quality, hence the nocturn gui made a guest appearance half way thru the vid, but this was jus added insult to injury as about 10 mins b4 one of my nano pads decided to stop working in any sort of way and the other lost the use of 1 of its buttons! Go's to show you get what you pay for. Once my midi dilemma has improved,. I'll upload a polished version & a brief tutorial for those who are interested, Viva la Midi Fighter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2aK5ttpeI8
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 02-11-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: grammer

thats pretty cool dude. +1
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Nice, you really created a unique track there.
    Balls of Steel
    DJ/Producer
    SoundCloud | Twitter | Website

Thanks for your kind words guys! Using Traktor like this was originally inspired by Ean's use of fx to sample. I know some find it irritating that you can't use third party plugins for fx, but its pos to really venture outside box with Traktor's fx and it never stops to amaze me how much you can transform a few loops and sample's to the point where you can make the original loops unrecognizable and actually make new music on the fly. I love using the beat slicer to grab a 2bar sample, especially considering once you've got the sample you can mash it up by adjusting the parameter's.

Stumbled across this today, pretty cool way to use the vfx1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqUvnPfe6iA

Hmm don't think I've seen Traktor used like that before! good work, I look forward to seeing the improved version. The Nocturn comments reminded me why I sold mine, I had the same problem.

Good shit, ive also been experimenting with using traktor in my production workflow. i like to make some simple loops with logic and load them into traktors decks for a final albeit usually somewhat improvised final mix. Im a dj first, producer second so this way is just a bit more natural and frankly more fun than staring at an arrangement view

Awesome sm00sh! thats exactly the direction I wanted to take my use of Traktor. A good friend of mine recently converted from mpc to NI's machine, he's what I'd call an orthentic hip hop dj, as he's spent years and years collecting all sort's crazy unique samples and breaks. He gave me a huge file of stuff the other week all warped and ready to play with. Needless to say we're having a lot fun linking up Machine and Traktor.

Check out my recent thread I started in NI's forum for feature suggestion and if you like my idea show your support and leave a reply there, hopefully with enough support Traktor might take a look in to the idea

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=104290
    Last edited by Dubba Dutch; 02-14-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: grammer