VCI-100, add Trigger Finger OR Axiom-25. Which one?
    Tech Guru

Default VCI-100, add Trigger Finger OR Axiom-25. Which one?

Got a guy selling a Axiom-25 or Trigger Finger for 100.00 either one in the box. Not sure what would best meet my needs since I have never used either. I currently have a VCI-100 and am looking to add something for easier beat juggling and add control of decks 3 and 4 easier. The Trigger Finger seemed like the perfect tool and not too big, but when I saw the price tag on an Axiom-25 and this guy selling it for 100.00 bucks I'm wondering its too good of a deal to pass up on, and I could have more options to work with. I just don't think I need them?

Thoughts?

Tech Guru

Do you alredy have a tool for music production, do you want to start producing?

I've bought my oxygen v2 exactly because of that, I will need it when I start to produce music, but i think that it's not the best tool for djing and mixing tracks.

But if you dont desire that, you can go with the trigger finger as you will need those faders plus the knobs to control deck 3 and 4...

I would map it to your deck C and D:
    top knobs for EQ deck C and D and FX (with shift)
    bottom faders to volume and pitch deck C and D
    Pads for cuepoints or FX triggers...
    Last edited by V-Hoff; 02-12-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Tech Guru

Yeah man, thats along the same lines as I was thinking. I saw the mapping for the midi fighter and figured I could do something similar and use the knobs as eq and fx.

Thanks for the advice. I figure for 100 bucks its a nice addition to my VCI.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Dude, for $100 get the Axiom. Even if you can't make it work as a DJ tool, you have a pretty good midi controller for other stuff.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

Yeah 100 bucks for the oxygen is pretty cool, but if you plan on djing mainly I'd say go for the finger trigger.

Technically you should be able to do the same with both, it's more a matter of how comfortable you feel with keys or pads.

I think pressing pads for beat juggling or other functions is cooler than pressing keys, plus I think it should be easier to put the FT in a booth than the oxygen. I also prefer the FT layout for djing.

And if you plan on producing later you'd be able to use the FT, it's not going to be useless...

Tech Guru

My keys on Oxygen 8 V2 are not rapid fire response...
    I cant do like Ean do when he press super-fast the same arcade button with 3 or 4 fingers of the right hand.
    The software and the keys simple doesn't respond as fast as I press it...
    Maybe you could do that with Axiom pads, but don't think you could do the same with the keys.

I would say the Axiom, the pads are great and super responsive (compared to my Akai) - It can do triplets, so rapid fire samples shouldn't be an issue.
    papachilla...| UB Macbook Pro | NI Kontrol S4 | NI Kontrol X1 | AKAI MPD32 | AKAI LPK25 | KRK ROKIT5-2