Noob Questions about set up

Default Noob Questions about set up

Hi, well Ive been searching but can't find the info I need. Ive just got a 2nd hand VCI 100 and have connected it to my netbook, which is so far coping quite well but will be swapped for a laptop soon. No Soundcard yet, that should be coming next week.

So I've installed Traktor Pro and I'm having issues getting it to work with the vestax.

I was hoping to keep this trhead going and work through issues one by one.

The first is I have no cross fader or upfaders on Traktor. I mean on the 2 Deck Int Mix setting the slots are there but they have no nob on them and don't respond to movements on the console. I did at one point get the cross fader to come on, but never the upfaders. Moving from CDJ's this is the set up I want to start with as I'm most comfortable with it. Oh, and Deck B is consistently quieter than Deck A, which makes me think I might be stuck in some kind of Auto Mix setting?

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong in preferences, anyone any idea what?

Thanks
    Last edited by Doppleskanger; 02-13-2010 at 06:54 AM.

might be either, you haven't got the correct tsi, but as you had movement from the xfade, that's prob not the case. but still worth checking. where did you get the settings from? was it the startup wizard in TPro?

or, you said you don't have a soundcard yet, traktor plays up like a shit when there's no soundcard/audio output attached or setup. is the audio box at the top of the screen normal or highlighted in red? if red, that's most likely the problem.

if you go into settings you can setup output through the soundcard of the netbook, but you won't have monitor, only master out.

hope this helps

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Thanks for the response.

Checking those routing settings led to an Ah GOT IT moment, it was the mixer setting in the output routing box! Change from external to internal and hey presto!

Ok well I'm sure I'll be back with more dumb questions later!

lolz, we look forward to them.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

So do the faders work now?

Yeah everything is sweet. I've just spent a happy while mixing up old Rebel MC and Nookie tunes. Nice.

It seems I'm now out putting sound through the headphone outlet on traktor so my master volume on the Vestax doesn't work, but I guess that will be sorted when I add a soundcard?

Talking of which. I'm thinking of getting the Numark IO. I'm essentially a bed room DJ and I record a lot of my own mixes. I do play out occasionally and would connect up to small PA's. So I'm really only after a soundcard to get my headphones working as far as I can see. Is the Numark what I need or should I be looking at other (slightly pricier) options?

That numark card will do the job fine. Alternative could be audio2dj by NI.