new speaker setup

Default new speaker setup

Just about to move house and my decks will be having a place in a downstairs room woohooo

Anyway i need to come up with a speaker setup that blends into a room quite well.

I was thinking maybe integrating everything in with a surround sound system. For the tv that will also be in that room.

Has anyoen done this. I know surround systems can be a little poor for playing music through so was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. The more discreet the speakers the better i guess.

Cheers
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

As long as you have a decent reciever you can set up your TV audio to run surround sound and your dj input to run a 'stereo' type setting designed for audio playback..

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

well most surround systems run on two speakers plus sub only in stereo mode, so there is not too much point in chipping out the extra bucks for 5.1.
    So if I were in your position I would rather invest the money in a decent pair of monitors (which can be quite small) and an active sub.
    just my 2 cents

Tech Mentor

budget is everything. how much money do you have?

I have a set of KEFs at the min that i use upfront but am after something a bit more low profile to stick on the wall either side of my screen. As my decks are under my screen then these will double as my speakers for my decks when i'm using them.

I havent really thought about budget at the min as i havent even found anything that looks anything like i'm after.

I could just stick the kefs on the wall but they stick out further than i would like.

I guess i'm either after a package thats worthy of playing music through, but most arent... or changing my fronts for something more low profile and adding a sub.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a decent shop or site that has a lot of stuff for me to browse but most ive seen just dontr seem to have what i'm after but they must exist.

Cheers
    Gav
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

well you could have a look at thomann.com to check out the market for monitor speakers.
    Keep in mind that positioning a speaker right in front of a wall will raise its bass by up to 6 db, so maybe you`ll be fine without a sub.