Help with modifiers PLEASE
    Tech Guru

Default Help with modifiers PLEASE

okay so to start off I have a djm 800 i want to use the fader start button ( 3 & 4) to act as a modifier. I would then like to use my eqs on channel 3 for fx bank 1 parameters and eqs on channel 4 for fx bank 2 parameters... thats simple but now i want to use the fader start button so i can use the eqs to pick what effect i want... but ive been trying to use the modifiers and i cant get them to work it simply makes 1 button move all 3 paramters hopefully i made this clear
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Guru

i think you have to detail a bit more what you actually mapped.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

you have to create a new modifier, then create new mappings for each three of the knobs, that only work when the modifier is pressed...

Tech Guru

i mapped channel 3 eq's as:

high - effect parameter 1
    mid - effect parameter 2
    low - effect parameter 3

now i want to use either the cue button on channel 3 or fader start 3 as a modifier so then it would be

high - effect select 1
    mid - effect select 2
    low - effect select 3
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

Tech Mentor

First you create a modifier with a button. Let's call it M1 with button SHIFT. When setting it up you have to check an option on the bottom which says "set to value" and put it to 1.

So, when you press the button SHIFT, M1 becomes 1, when you release it the value becomes 0.

Then on the knobs:

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    high - effect select 1
    mid - effect select 2
    low - effect select 3

You have "modifier conditions". Select M1 and then value of 1. That means that when M1 = 1 this parameter will work.

That should do it for a button.

Tech Guru

was hoping this worked but its doing both at the same time.... its tweaking the parameters up and changing the effect at the same time

Tech Guru

nvm i got it and finished mapping my whole djm 800 like i wanted it to

thanks pm if you need the .tsi

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    was hoping this worked but its doing both at the same time.... its tweaking the parameters up and changing the effect at the same time
    Just in case someone stumbles upon this post:

The solution is simple, you need to put the modifier condition value to 0 on the other knobs.