Help! iTunes Recently Added playlist not updating in Traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help! iTunes Recently Added playlist not updating in Traktor

I've just moved my iTunes music along with the library file to a bigger HD, and all went smoothly However, since importing new music to iTunes today and trying to find it in Traktor it hasn't appeared.

I looked in the manual, relocated all my files that I transferred, changed the iTunes Music library location in Traktor to where the file is now found and added the iTunes Music folder into the list of music folders. All with no luck.

Any ideas?

Hey man

did you follow all the steps on apples website about how to move an itunes library?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yeah, all went smoothly on the iTunes side... Just the Traktor side of things that isn't working.

Just trying to do a refresh of my library in Traktor, taking aaaages, is that normal?

ok, yeah it may take a while for traktor to re-examine the library if you have a lot of music.

Also, the reason i ask about following the steps on the website is, for example, this quote from it:

After the folder has been copied, locate your original iTunes Music folder, and drag it to the Trash or Recycle Bin. Note: Don't remove the iTunes library files that may be in the same location as the iTunes Music folder. For more information about the iTunes library files, see this article.

I'm just thinking if you have mucked about with the location of the "library" file that's what may have caused drama.

otherwise, i dunno...

good luck
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

No, I moved that before deleting. I'd moved my library before a few times, just wasn't using Traktor back then...

I've re-examined with no luck, going out for a couple of hours so I'll leave it to re-scan again and hopefully all will be well when I return.

Either that or someone has an answer!

Cheers for the input!

If it helps anyone at all I just added an older track from iTunes and it instantly said I need to relocate it, is this because my root directory is not in the same place as my iTunes library like it was before the move?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What are the paths to your :
    Root Dir
    iTunes Music Directory
    Music Folders

This sounds like Traktor is not finding the music folders.
    If you have a large collection it will take a long time to relocate.

What are you actually seeing mate.
    Have you imported your Traktor collection.nml
    Are your tracks present in the collection or do they show '!' against them.

Did you change the path to your iTunes library within iTunes itself ?

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    What are the paths to your :
    Root Dir
    iTunes Music Directory
    Music Folders

This sounds like Traktor is not finding the music folders.
    If you have a large collection it will take a long time to relocate.

What are you actually seeing mate.
    Have you imported your Traktor collection.nml
    Are your tracks present in the collection or do they show '!' against them.

Did you change the path to your iTunes library within iTunes itself ?

K
    Root Directory is C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\My Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor
    iTunes Music Directory D:\Media Library\iTunes\ITunes Music Library
    (these both have "...!" in the button next to them in Traktor prefs, is that normal?)

Music Folder is C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\My Documents\My Music\Chart Stuff (stuff I don't want in my iTunes)
    (Does that need to include iTunes folder? I did have the Music sub-folder from the iTunes Media folder in there but trying to figure out why everything wasn't working I took it out.)

I never touched Traktor Collection.nml so I assumed it would still be there.

When I first opened Traktor my collection all had ! against them, yes. However, I selected all and relocated to the Music folder in the iTunes Media folder on D:.

I have also made sure iTunes is using the iTunes Library in the new iTunes folder by holding shift when I opened iTunes after the move...

Thanks for any help.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yeah the '!' is fine next to the directories.

Dude your relocation pointed to your itunes XML not your actual Music on Drive C:

How come your itunes library is on a different drive to your music?

Relocate your music but chose the folder on drive C: thats were the actual MP3s are held.

Much easier to have Traktor read the whole iTunes directory and have the XML on the same drive.

K

No, it's all on the same drive.... drive D: under Media Library\iTunes

Just the stuff I don't want to have in my iTunes is on C: still, should i move this to D: and then make my Music folder encompass the whole Media Library folder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast