effect presets

Thread: effect presets

Default effect presets

hi there, got a question for you mates)))))

i was thinking of assigning an effect preset to a single button which at the moment is still unassigned on my vci 100. to be more specific: i want to be able to get an effect (which i like very much and use very often) with certain parameters instantly just pressing one button, usualy you have to select this effect and then press buttons and then turn knobs to get the parameters you want.
    i want to be able to save this config and bring it back whenever i want just pressing one button.

can anyone help????

You have to do this with Bomes midi or some other type of translator, its kinda a pain in the butt to do. The basic premise is that when the button is pressed the midi translator needs to send out multiple messages to set the 4 traktor effects knobs in the right positions. If you are using a mac take a look at ean's beta of his SE translator files he released a while ago, you will be able to find that here - http://www.djtechtools.com/2007/11/0...t-for-traktor/

unfortunately i'm using an usual laptop, not a mac, any chances of working that out?

The knobs have to be assigned in Traktor in relative mode and when you press the button the button needs to send 4 midi messages, one message being sent to each of traktors fx knobs to put it into the right position.

If you already have the 4 knobs on the vci assigned to the 4 knobs in traktor you can have the button send out the same midi information as the knobs on the VCI just with the desired fx value for that knob.

Download the free edition of Bomes midi and start playing with it, all this can be done in the free edition.