Traktor - Can't Save Beatgrid/Cues
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor - Can't Save Beatgrid/Cues

Hey All,

I am evaluating the current version of Traktor Pro (demo version) and am having some problems when working with beatgrids and cues. When certain songs (automatically analyzed) are loaded into a deck, the start point (red line) appears ahead of start of the song. When I snap the start point into place and set a cue, the settings are lost next time the track is loaded. Also, at times when I press the autogrid button after setting the start/cue, the settings revert and the start point is moved before the start of the track.

This is driving me crazy and any assistance would be appreciated. I would like to make sure Traktor will fully work for me prior to purchasing it.

Regards,

JJ

Tech Wizard

Check Ean's vid on setting beatgrids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW8X...eature=channel. Also be sure to check out all the FAQs/Recommended reading, that will answer a lot of questions you might have.

Tech Wizard

I watched the video however my changes to the tracks are not stored. I read a much older post regarding an MP3 Tag setting however I cannot locate any such setting in the current version. Are there any conditions that would restirct the saving of beatgrids/cues? Could this be a limitation of the "demo" software? I do click the store button however there is something preventing the writing of my track settings.

Thanks!

I think you click the "lock" button. It's like a padlock symbol.

TBH i'm not 100%.

beatgridding confuses me a little too...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjspike View Post
    . When certain songs (automatically analyzed) are loaded into a deck, the start point (red line) appears ahead of start of the song.
    JJ
    This bit is very wierd. The red line is the Play Marker (play head) this cannot be ahead of the start of the song unless it is on a Load point that you have placed.

Can you post a screen shot.

Tech Wizard

Here is a screenshot showing the issue. The song in DECK A was just loaded and it shows that the play marker is ahead of te start of the track. I can snap this to the first downbeat however I cannot save it.

Thanks

Just a thought ... if its the demo version, are you even able to save cues? also ur quantize aint on, thats a problem right there
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

It means there is a short silence incorporated into the track at the start.
    Quantize can indeed help you match 2 songs' tempo.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that screen shot. That is exactly right.

The Play Marker is before the first beat not after... How come you think its after the track?

There is always a small gap before the start of a track that is why you need to put a Load Marker at the start.

How are you Setting a Cue ?

The Demo is fully featured, you should have no issues setting cues and storing them if you follow the Manual. If you upgrade to the Full version all you previous grids and markers will still be there.

Tech Wizard

I decided to completely remove the Traktor install from scratch. This solved my problem as I was able to save cue points with the new install. I also find that general response when navigating through the configuration screens is MUCH better. There must have been an issue with the initial installation.

Thanks everyone for the assistance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast