VCI-100SE 3_3 MAPPING for Traktor Pro 1.24 + - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Hey Ean, great work wi the new mapping file & overlay!!

Quick question - do you ever envisage a 1.4 Firmware update? Just curious

Tech Guru

My experience with DJTTs mappings is limited, since I like to build my own, but I do like to load 'em up when a new one is released, just to explore any new ideas and see what other people are using.

So take it with a grain of salt, but here's my first impression:

1) I still don't really understand why there seem to be so many load issues. I've understood for a while that Traktor sometimes needs a tsi loaded twice to get the FX settings right. However, the huge variations noticed on this thread of starting appearances, default behavior, etc, just confuses me. After I loaded the DJTT 3.3 file, I reloaded my own tsi and everything worked perfectly the first time. So I can only assume that the problems I notice with the DJTT file are part of the file...

2) After loading, I also notice that the audio recorder is in the place of FX units 2 and 4.

3) Led behavior is inconsistent or not working right for the 4 small black buttons on the left. In addition, I get a preset loaded by pressing any of the first three, but the fourth has no effect.

4) The sampler "flashing" of the headphone buttons is tied to a volume dependent output command. So when your levels are high, the buttons don't appear to flash much. I suggest tying the sampler to a flashing output that is consistent and not coming from program material, like the beat counter output.

5) I like the "instant FX" idea a lot. Great concept. Regarding execution though, I've gotta say I'm not a big fan of the functionality so "close" in proximity to Scratch/scratch on. What I mean to say is, I'm under the impression that the "bug" people are experiencing with using these controls and having a start/stop in playback isn't a bug at all, but a result of timing issues getting the hand off the platter before regular scratch functionality engages. A clearer separation of scratch and Instant FX I think would be a huge improvement.

6) Still not sure about lack of soft takeover on the DJTT maps. I know this is a personal preference, but IMHO using 3-4 decks cleanly cannot live without it. The jumps make me nervous and also the filter middle point reset can lead to some unexpected sounds when using filters on both A/C or B/D.

7) Cool presets, streamlined ideas!
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Tech Mentor

Seems like I spoke too soon people. I have the job wheel glitch like everyone else. When in scratch mode the jog is only responsive half of the time.

And I am also getting the dry wet glitch like everyone else.

I fixed the headphone cue blink issue though. Chris from the DJTT team said the lights would only blink when a track is playing. Stupid me, I failed to realize that if there is no beat playing then the lights can't blink to a beat.

Anyone found a fix for the dry wet and jog wheel glitches.

Tech Guru

this seems like as good a place as any to put this question I guess.

Do any of you know how to change the presets? Mainly, I just want to edit the delay quick fx button to turn delay on at <50% (its way to much, and usually just makes me clip out). I'm through the mapping to try and figure this out right now, so I might actually find the answere before you get back to me. Thanks ahead of time.

EDIT

YES! I love djtt. Great use of commenting. Easy as pie to change the mapping up. Thanks a lot!!!!

that means I figured it out.
    Last edited by sine143; 02-18-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patjuh90 View Post
    The touch sensitive jog bug is still in there though. If a song is playing and u want to scratch or something, u touch the jog which turns red to indicate the touch sensitive thing is activated. The song stops for a split second, but then it immediately continues playing instead of continue playback when i lift my hand off the jogwheel. It only works properly after a few tries...
    Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    FX bank 1 light stays on at all times. does not turn off or switch between other banks.
    +1

I'm having the same issues.. Running Traktor Pro 1.2.4, FW 1.3 and Windows 7

Tech Wizard

I am also getting the FX bank 1 LED issue.
    www.myspace.com/pookidoll
    Macbook Pro 10.6.4,VCI-100SE,
    FM1.4,Mapping 3.6.3,Arduinome,Traktor Pro 1.2.6,AudioDJ 2 My Soundcloud

Getting issues with the main FX bank buttons not working now. When i have an FX bank on chained mode and load in an effect with the Shift plus an FX button function the first effect doesn't turn on when i press the corresponding button. So i have to use the buttons i have mapped on my laptop keyboard.

The second 2 effects on the bank turn on just fine with my controller.

I hope i explained this alright, kinda hard to put it into words :P

Another problem I'm getting is with turning on FX units 1 & 2 on decks. I have no idea what causes it but they just seem to turn themselves off on their own. So i constantly have to keep turning them back on. Mainly happens with FX bank 1 I find. I think it might be to do with the way you can use fader FX or the main FX controls. I guess one of the knobs/faders has a command to switch an FX unit on or off.

And lastly I found it a bit annoying with the way the song navigation buttons turned on search on the browser. This interfered with my mixing because i use the keyboard for certain functions like switching deck focus, killing EQ bands instantly, and sometimes cue point juggling. This is no biggy though as i managed to find the search commands in the tsi and delete them.

I'm on windows 7, Traktor 1.2.4, Firmware 1.3.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    I am also getting the FX bank 1 LED issue.

well, now its whichever preset I choose (1,2,3,4) under fader fx stays lit. Theres no way of turning off the light, only turning off the effect to specific deck or turning off fader fx. not sure if thats a work around or its supposed to be like that --- but it works.

Jog wheel acts funny. If I push the jog wheel fwd first then it works, doesn't happen everytime..but pushing fwd first gets it working everytime it does act up.

Tech Student

I'm using a regular VCI-100 with a filmware upgrade but I'm not having any luck with some of the features such as the fx preset setup and the lights when trying to sample a song...any suggestions? is there another version of the filrmware update that needs to be used?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin View Post
    Im Using Version 1.2.4 and the new mapping and Traktor is crashing after about a half hour of mixing. Is anyone else having this issue since updating to 1.2.4?
    I have the same problem. It seems to crash when I īm using the fader FX mode ??

Whem pressing route FX buttom a nasty sound ocours as well?

Except for this - great mapping Ean Amazing fun to work with this it.

VCI-100, firmware 1.3, Traktor 1.24, Audio kontrol 1, Thinkpad T42

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast