opening djs: dont break the ten commandments
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default opening djs: dont break the ten commandments

Tech Wizard

Interesting... Thanks.

Tech Guru

That is some ace shit right there, props to whoever made that.

Thats a lot of rules ... rules are made to be broken
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

I agree with the rules but some will be broken.
    Thank Ya!!!

when we play together as ru-bix vs jester, i take great pleasure in shaming out lil' brother with the filthiest tunes, seeing as i supply him with music anyways lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

they forgot the biggest one imo, which is don't go over your time into the next person's set.

Yeah! how many times have you heard "oh just one more tune dude then you're up..."

I pretty much open up when I play and tend to follow all those commandments except the one about Trainspotting. Here most of the djs know each other and dont mind sharing tracks. At the same time this makes opening easier because I am often able to talk with the headliner and if I want to play a particular banger, I can discuss if they are planning on playing it or not. Last gig I played the headliner and I played a ton of remixes by the same artists but since we had discussed what we were playing there was no overlap and it worked out well.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

all that sounds good but fuck not scratching. its a good skill to have and if you happen to be a scratch dj why wouldnt you scratch. thats like telling a mix dj not to mix. i guess in excess for an opening set would be kinda lame but eh whatever.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast