Optimising Traktor in XP / XP Adivce - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

props where due mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bunford View Post
    What about using the XP mode in Windows 7 Ultimate? One of my mates just suggested installing Windows 7 Ultimate only and then running Traktor within the XP mode. This is way too complicated for me to figure out though! Is doing it this way as good as using native XP?

Also, mmauve, is your customised version of XP available anywhere? Or did you tailor it yourself?
    As charo mentioned, I created my XP version from an original disc with a serial number, unfortunately distributing it would be piracy. If you have a somewhat in depth knowledge of XP, and it's inner workings, you can do it yourself with relative ease. I highly recommend at least giving it a shot

As per Hackintosh, I highly - I repeat - highly recommend not trusting such an unstable and experimental platform with your music work. Either way, there's nothing stopping you from doing it (except legal stipulations) but unless you are ready to do learn some terminal command line, editing and installing kext file, and some insightful knowledge of general BSD, I don't recommend going this route. There will always be something which won't work 100% when going this direction - and though I applaud people who push the concept - under no circumstances would I deem it as appropriate to conduct work on in a reliable manner. Apple also makes an effort to bar people from doing this, so it's really a gamble, plus you are pretty much at the mercy of a handful of communities to troubleshoot your problems, or create functional drivers. Otherwise, you're on your own.

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

the main thing about running a Hackintosh is first finding what patch others have successfully ran on your brand/model, other wise it's trial and error. another is getting a pen n paper and writing down Every Spec on your computer cause during the set up you need to hit Customize & choose the drivers for your hardware. with some patches you don't need to do command lines or anything like that just F8 at the disc start up and type "-vanila" without the quotes, basically windows 7 ultimate is all you need really (as long as you've set it up right) but it is nice getting a taste of apples platform.

if you decide to stick with windows:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9599

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    livefaststephen put me onto a free app called "gamebooster". wicked little program it shuts down all the unnecessary services with one click. I use this and tuneup 2010 and xp runs like ben johnson after an injection.
    yeah, thanks to the program i had a starting point to strip my traktor boot down to only about 20 services, some of which i can't kill if i wanted.

also have knocked out various devices in device manager

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFastStephen View Post
    the main thing about running a Hackintosh is first finding what patch others have successfully ran on your brand/model, other wise it's trial and error. another is getting a pen n paper and writing down Every Spec on your computer cause during the set up you need to hit Customize & choose the drivers for your hardware. with some patches you don't need to do command lines or anything like that just F8 at the disc start up and type "-vanila" without the quotes, basically windows 7 ultimate is all you need really (as long as you've set it up right) but it is nice getting a taste of apples platform.

if you decide to stick with windows:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9599
    Basically, I've found this link after a little research. It's a pretty detailed step by step guide on my exact model and I've contacted the guy and he's diverted me to videos proving that it is running stable on his laptop with everything working:

http://www.hackintosh-india.com/search/label/OSX8610.5

I might give it a crack. If it works, I have a MacBook on the cheap. If it doesn't, I re-format and re-install Windows 7!

Tech Mentor

OSX works easiest with Intel processors, for obvious reasons. Tell me how it goes, since I've thought of doing the same thing.

EDIT:
    I have to add that there are couple of ways to do this. You can use a certain usb device to unlock the OSX in other computers. This method is legal at least here, since one sided EULA is considered void if you have purchased the program. Leopard also stated that you can use the OSX in Apple labeled computer. This was later changed into Apple branded computer.

The laws in the States might differ on this, so mods can advice whether it is ok to continue this discussion.
    Last edited by Stumpy; 02-18-2010 at 04:59 AM.
    @Twumpy

Will do. Got a day off work tomorrow, so will probably give it a bash then!

I might give it a crack. If it works, I have a MacBook on the cheap. If it doesn't, I re-format and re-install Windows 7!
    True, i had stuff I cared abouton my WIN partition so i downloaded & burned "Gparted" to boot back in windows if i had problems..

I tried, but for some reason kept getting a hang before even getting to the install screen!

For some reason, it hung with an error line stating:

IOAPIC: something something 0x20 0:23

Tried numerous different version from 10.5.1 to 10.5.8 from iPC, iAtkos, Kalyway etc but all seemed to crash at the same point.

Instead, just re-installed Windows 7 Home Premium. Trying to keep it trim though.

Is there any programme out there to help switch things off? I mean, like when I start Traktor.exe, it auto turns off any services etc that I configure it to. Just thinking that if I strip everything, it will make it more stable when running Traktor.

I tried, but for some reason kept getting a hang before even getting to the install screen!

For some reason, it hung with an error line stating:

IOAPIC: something something 0x20 0:23

Tried numerous different version from 10.5.1 to 10.5.8 from iPC, iAtkos, Kalyway etc but all seemed to crash at the same point.

Instead, just re-installed Windows 7 Home Premium. Trying to keep it trim though.

Is there any programme out there to help switch things off? I mean, like when I start Traktor.exe, it auto turns off any services etc that I configure it to. Just thinking that if I strip everything, it will make it more stable when running Traktor.

try iaktos v7 that should work otherwise id give ideneb a chance

as for a service that truns everything off as mentioned by my homies JesterNZDJ & BradCee theres GAMEBOOSTER
    ]d/l free @ http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

plus read the comments in my PC optimization post for a complementary program with GB that BradCee breaks down http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9599

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast