WebDeejay.It...the largest Italian dj website would like to collaborate with you guys
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default WebDeejay.It...the largest Italian dj website would like to collaborate with you guys

Hey guys, it's Nicholas Francavilla, Dj Altered Ego of WebDeejay.it...
    I tried to get a hold of you guys trough e-mails but didn't quite succed so i just thought of triing here...

After having watched your live web broadcast yesterday evening, i eventually remained in the chat room for a little longer. Eventually i started speaking with bentosan, and an idea came up to me..
    I always enjoy reading you guys articles at djtechtools.com, their fun, interesting and always spot on and useful...so i just thought...why not actually translate them in Italian so that even the Italian Dj community will be able to enjoy it??

My idea would be that to every week take one of you guys articles and eventually translate in italian and then post it in our website in our home Page
    http://www.webdeejay.it/blog/

My translations would of course be accurate (since im half Italian half American and speak both languages at "native" level) and report exactly what written in your articles....of course i would do this for free, just for the sake of actually giving italian djs a chance to enjoy as much as i do your articles.

I think this could both be a good chance for you guys to get more known even here in Italy (It would kinda be a commercial if you like) and it would also be good for our website obviously since your im sure your articles would appeal a wide audience and because we also as a website would like to move farther away from the whole idea of "new gear" and focus more on the Dj Itself, the psycology and work behind such figure and also of course help other people with advices etc (in fact, we just opened this youtube channel where we started posting various "basic tutorials")

You might think "why would we ever want to allow him to do such a thing???"...well i don't mean to sound like i'm showing off, but we are the largest dj website in Italy and have the largest community on our forum -we just hit 10 thousand registered users- and we have couple of stores as partners which every now and then send us some equipment for reviews...such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkXtxxmcMZU
    We are also official forum support for Denon, Numark And Eccler products sold here in Italy to italian customers (pretty much if anyone has problems with some of their equipment from those 3 companies bought here in Italy, we are the ones responsible for giving them support)

So yeah...i think it would be a great opportunity for both websites to increase popularity...and who knows maybe a start so that one day you might be able to expand and have offices even here in Europe.

Let me know what you guys think of the idea..

Best regards.

P.s I apologize if i posted in the wrong section (Im also an admin/mod) so i know the feeling XDXD
    Last edited by Dj Altered Ego; 02-18-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Tech Wizard

Anyone??? -____-

lol, no one of the DJTT staff seems to be interested ^^
    I don't believe they want to collaborate, because that's give and take you know, and it seems they never give. I have never seen them linking to other sites with interesting articles anyway.
    Xone 22 -- Kontrol X1 -- A4DJ -- TPro -- 13" MBP

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy View Post
    lol, no one of the DJTT staff seems to be interested ^^
    I don't believe they want to collaborate, because that's give and take you know, and it seems they never give. I have never seen them linking to other sites with interesting articles anyway.
    Well they seem pretty cool people to me actually, open to opportunities from what i've seen so far. And i mean i wouldn't say they never give since they always provide free mappings, tutorials videos and articles etc...what else could people want???
    Well i guess they got stuff to do, i just hope they will at least read this and respond wheter they are interested or not . Plus i really do think the whole idea would benefit both websites.

I think most of the main guys here are US based and Bento is Aus based, so my guess might be that due to timezone, they haven't yet replied to your post, as for sharing lol DJTT is all over the web I mean honestly.

hopefully you get a reply ;-)

I'm not too sure what to think of this idea - honestly.
    But you deserve credit for ASKING because, as Ciar mentioned, there are sooo many sites literally copying DJTT content. (or the other way around? lol)

Mods are usually pretty quiet in the weekends. I'm sure you'll get an answer from the powers that be in the next day or so altered.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sj03w4t View Post
    I'm not too sure what to think of this idea - honestly.
    But you deserve credit for ASKING because, as Ciar mentioned, there are sooo many sites literally copying DJTT content. (or the other way around? lol)
    Well yeah, i really had to try cause trust me theres tons of people who don't speak english especially in Italy and im sure that they would love reading such articles...so since i can actually do something about it then why not try at least. But yea, we'r serious guys and we wouldn't go around stealin other people' work...if we do something we do it fair and square...or we try at least XD :P.

I think most of the main guys here are US based and Bento is Aus based, so my guess might be that due to timezone, they haven't yet replied to your post, as for sharing lol DJTT is all over the web I mean honestly.

hopefully you get a reply ;-)
    Yea i know...we'll in some hours or after the weekend. Anyway i've sent a whole bunch of E-mails, private messages,added mods on msn...sooner or later i hope i'll eventually get a hold of smn lol.

personally i think it would be a smart move for djtt to make. it's basically free advertising, and a potential 10k+ member base increase. don't see why anyone would be opposed to that
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    personally i think it would be a smart move for djtt to make. it's basically free advertising, and a potential 10k+ member base increase. don't see why anyone would be opposed to that
    Yea exactly...and do consider one more factor...10 thousands are ONLY THE REGISTERED USERS...we estimate that the people actually following but who are not registered are around 5000 more...if not more even...so from 10k our whole user base jumps to i would say around 15k which is pretty good considering it's Italy and we'r not an english speaking country of course.
    And yea it's all free commercial...and honestly i would be real glad if djtt started kickin asses even here in Italy cause i totally support what they do and most of all HOW they do it...(and no im not lickin asses but i really mean it). Plus if they ever decide to invest in Italy and sell more VCIs here im sure we could arrange smt with our partner shops or smt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast