Kinda disappointed at the path some digital DJs take - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

How does he turn 2 knobs at once or 2 faders? Or 2 whatevers at once... He only has one control pen. Sounds a bit stupid to me. Unless he can use his fingers.
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

If he is using nothing but a stylus, he can only adjust one thing at a time aka he may as well just use a mouse and stop pretending.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Personally, I don't think it matters what equipment he uses, as long as he rocks out on them. Crowd interaction is so important.

Yes!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Sorry if the tunes are good he can play tiddly winks with midi enabled tiddlies for all i care lol, to be honest this is a bit like you can't use a computer you should be using vinyl, do you really want to go down that road :/

Hmmkayy seems some of us disagree with this, its all good tho

Tech Guru

Jester, you are definitely on the same wavelength my boy! That's my argument exactly, 2 identical sets, 2 different styles of DJ. I know I'd wanna see someone giving it all they got as opposed to some douche looking like he should be in the office. When I see a DJ having it and really enjoying himself, it makes me wanna have it and enjoy myself. When I see someone with a pen drawing on a screen I tend to switch off and look for another room or bar.
    I used to hate the "it's the music that counts" argument. Of course it's the music that counts, come on now, that's the fundamental basis of any event where music is the source of entertainment. But if I see a DJ tearing it up and he is just typing away on his laptop the first thing that instinctively goes through my mind is "cheat", sorry it just does. You think the band Kiss would be where they are now if it was "just about the music"? Do me a favour! Of course it's about the music, but they took it a step further with the face paint and the big ass heeled shoes and sticking their tongues out that's why their image is world wide. Same with Alice Cooper and the whole "Theatre rock" thing. If everyone just sat there on a stool playing their instruments it would probably only go so far.
    I personally hate dizzy rascal, but he knows how to interact with a crowd and move around and show that he is doing stuff, if he did exactly the same show but standing in the corner holding a mic all shying away, it wouldnt be the same experience.

Just my opinion

i feel what dodge and jester are saying.

let me give you the same "2 dj" scenario, except this time one has an ableton live set instead of the stylus. he hits play, and walks away. he could go home and do his taxes, come back and the set is still going because of the automation he put in. now this may be a stretch, but if you're saying it's all about the music, then that's cool right? to me, it's not. but if you guys want to go to a club night where the dj has little to no feel/connection with the crowd, be my guest!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    i feel what dodge and jester are saying.

let me give you the same "2 dj" scenario, except this time one has an ableton live set instead of the stylus. he hits play, and walks away. he could go home and do his taxes, come back and the set is still going because of the automation he put in. now this may be a stretch, but if you're saying it's all about the music, then that's cool right? to me, it's not. but if you guys want to go to a club night where the dj has little to no feel/connection with the crowd, be my guest!
    In that last post I wrote I actually scrubbed a sentence saying exactly that. I was gonna say whats the point in having a DJ at all, might as well stick on a CD, but then realised I was gonna get a barrage of responses saying "tune selection man". But you're totally right. Think about that Justice picture with the cable thats not plugged into his midi controller. Putting the cable aside matey boy looks like he's proper larging it! I'd sooner see a wicked set that was fake and not even know but have the DJ going for it putting a smile on everyones face, than some guy stuck in the corner drawing with a pen (obviously I wouldn't be impressed if I found out the set was a fake but you get what Im saying).

I don't watch DJ's so none of the above bothers me, thus why it's all about the music, normally find me next to speakers in a dark corner listening happily while drinking water lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast