Sit OR Stand?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sit OR Stand?

Default Sit OR Stand?

Hi guys,

I'm a bit red faced as I'm asking this but it's something that has been bugging me!

How come the majority of DJ's when in their bedroom still stand up to scratch and all? Like on stage I can understand with the whole performance aspect to it!

But is it actually easier to move around the tables and stuff when standing up? Does sitting down teach you bad/lazy techniques?

I'm really just approaching this with a Turntablists/Scratch DJ's perspective in mind!

Thanks guys, Hope I explained myself alot!

Because when I get mine set up in my room I want to work out what sort of table I need to get so I don't get my tables here and have to make do with what I've got!
    MixCloud

Mac Mini w/2GB Ram + Traktor 1.2 + BCD3000 + 61 Midi Keyboard + Samson Q1U

If you sit down you don't need to bother with pants
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Haha!

Thanks Jester!

I imagine sitting down would make it hard to get jiggy with the tables!

But then again it hides the hard on I may get from hot chicks with big tits in the front row!
    MixCloud

DJ'ing is a standing up job. Some scratch DJ's (Rob Swift, Q-Bert, MMM, etc...) have been known to set up a stool in front of the decks, though...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Freedom
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Wizard

Well IMHO it's a good thing djs actually stand up while doing their thang...for ex...at the club where i play im placed at this ground-level stage, right in the middle of the dancefloor...if people saw me sitting i don't think it would transmit them that energy that i think every dj should transmit to the crowd...at least I would'nt get excited when i hear the wildest thing goin on...turn to give a look at the dj booth...and see a guy nappin in his armchair XDXD. However,I do usually sit down at home when im preparin my gig, settin up the cue points, loops etc.

Tech Mentor

I sit down when preparing at home but stand while gigging it. When you stand its easier to show your really into the music, if your into it its more likely other people will be into it as well

Thanks heaps for the replies guys!

Good to get people's opinions on it!

As I can imagine, ecspecially when performing turntablism, you need to be around and over the decks for maximum control and not to just be limited to an arm's length from the chair!

Thanks gain guys!
    MixCloud

Depends of what I am doing, when recording I like to stand up, to move to the beat and where it is taking me.
    When just casual training, I might just sit around for a while.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Get Up Stand Up...

sitting down is for office clerks and desk jockeys not disc jockeys (ha disc jockey).

If im fannying around with Maschine or on my pc ill sit but as for DJing whether its at home or at gigs i stand. If you practice at home sitting down, maybe when you go to a gig you wont be used to standing and topple over ??? it could happen !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast