How To Flash the Midifighter with New Firmware - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you erased the device before flashing, you may have removed the bootloader from the AVR chip. To reinstate it you need a copy of the bootloader (available from Atmel's website) and an ISP - In System Programmer, a piece of hardware that connects to the JTAG pins on the device and allows you to directly inject code onto the chip and set the fuses.

This device from Adafruit will do the ISP programming for you. Instructions and tutorials are all on Adafruit.com

http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/
    http://www.adafruit.com/index.php?ma...products_id=46

Tech Convert

You mean, my bootloader doesn't work correctly, and I have to flash the chip with the bootloader again? Can I use any other drivers except atmel flip?

I can try to flash the chip with my arduino:

avrdude -p at90usb162 -P com7 -c acrisp -b 19200 -v -B10 -F -U flash:w:C:\midifighter\midifighter.hex:a

So you're doing several nonstandard things.

1. You have your own board.
    2. You want to flash the Midifighter firmware to a fresh CPU over USB.
    3. You seem to be confusing Arduino and Midifighter as essentially the same.
    4. You seem to have avrdude and it looks like you know how to use it, but do you have the JTAG pins set up on your target?

I'm a little confused how to help you. Either you're comfortable with flashing raw AVR devices in which case you just get the source project and go from there, or you're new to AVR development and are trying to use advanced shortcuts to avoid spending $30 on a real ISP.

What are you trying to do *precisely*? What is the end result you are looking for?

Tech Convert

Okay, I found the MF-Schematic in Internet. I bought all Parts and downloaded the Sources. I build my MF on a perfboard. Now i try to connect the MF with the PC, but i get the "Unknown Device" Message. I installed Flip and de Windows 7 x64 Drivers. It still doesen't work.

Now you i said, i can flash the Bootloader fpr the At90usb162 again. I can use my Arduino as ISP to flash my MF with the new Bootloader. Whether it will work, i don't know.

Tech Convert

I changed the AT90USB162 and now my own homemade Midifighter works!

Tech Student

Trying to connect my usb in the flip program and wont connect due to no digital signature for the device?

Tech Wizard

Is there in alternative to go in boot mode ?! Thats why i cant reflash!
    MacBook Pro 2.5GHZ 667MHZ 4GB RAM - Traktor Kontrol S4 Mk1 / X1 Mk1 /F1 / Maschine / Audio 8

Soundcloud
    Facebook

Tech Student

Default DFU Programmer

I can't get my midifighter to flash either. I went through all the code Mac steps as described in step 1 from FatLimey. Get to the final step and I receive this message in the terminal: dfu-programmer: no device present.

I'll continue working but any sort of assistance is appreciated. Thank You!

Tech Convert

Thanks, Needed that

Tech Wizard

tried 4 corners and switch method and it still not uploading... do you think it might alredy be updated ..how can i test this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast