URGENT! audio 4 dj vs AK1
    Tech Wizard

Default URGENT! audio 4 dj vs AK1

I'm minutes from purchasing all of my gear.

I'm getting a vci-100se and an audio interface.

Which one is better?

I've just started recording/producing with a few guys too... and i noticed that the audio 4 dj doesn't have a midi input, but it has better outputs for dj purposes..

I think i'll start mixing internally on traktor, however if I wanted to start mixing externally, would my choice in audio interface have a big effect on this decision?

Get the Audio4 mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

if have synths and keyboards, is it easy enough to connect to my laptop through it?

Tech Guru

Default Re: URGENT! audio 4 dj vs AK1

the ak1 is better for production. both from the hardware and thr software bundle. the a4dj is more geared towards two deck timecoders.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

i see, if i want something for both production and djing (not with timecodes.. ie vci100) which one?

or another sound card?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you will mix entirely internally and want to produce as well I'd say go with the AK1

If you want more ins/outs, MIDI in/out, etc., and to possibly mix externally I'd say go with the Audio8
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

2 decks external mixing go for ak1 like me

I have an AK 1 and I looooove it.. I do a bit of producing along with mixing and it works great for both. Its pretty much useful for anything I have done personally. The 3 button and pot controls are sweet and can be mapped as needed. It's nice because its got a lot of options for I/O and the mic input is nice for recording vocal samples as well as acoustic guitar and other live things.. I dont know much about the audio 4 but I'm really loving my AK 1!!

Sorry didnt notice that this was from last year.. haha. I've had a number of coors lights...