Spammers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spammers

now we're talkin'!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

here comes the next wave ...
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I think making people post 25 times before starting a thread will be a headache for the Mods.

They will end up deleting or just moving even more posts.

New members with urgent questions will just post 25 nonesense posts so they can make a thread.

I saw one gut post the word "Test" in 20 threads just so he could ask a question in his own thread.

I think the Mods are on top of it. I dont see any problem if we just ignore them and report them.

Thing is , these guys arent posting to wind us up, they are trying to sell.
    The best thing to do is never buy from them. I guess they will stop posting eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    That or look at giving more users admin powers to delete threads/posts.
    Thats not a good idea mate. You should only have a handful of Mods. This site is very well Moderated.

The only thing that i think would be helpful is an icon stating that the post has been reported. The icon would mean the post has been reported as SPAM. If you report a post for any other reason the icon is not displayed.
    It would be one option for reporting SPAM which would just be a check box then the normal dialog entry box for other reporting.
    This way the Mods wouldnt get 10 people reporting one spam thread.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 02-26-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Tech Mentor

come on guys.it's a pain and frustrating but im guessing only a small fraction fall for it so why are we debating it so much?.put something in the f a q about it and tell people how to report them.if people don't read it as instructed then its about all that can be done.also the report thing above karlos mentioned.
    Last edited by calvin01; 02-26-2010 at 08:01 AM.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Agreed.

ISP checks should see where these attacks are coming from...if i had to guess i would guess the majority are from a certain country well known for its scams: phone, letter, fax and now internet but's that's just a hunch and i'm just an internet private eye

what about implementing something like craigslist has were if more then a couple people flag a thread that is against cl rules, it is deleted, or moved out of the public forum into a place of limbo where a mod can decide what to do?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123