Can anyone compare Ultrasone DJ1 Pro to Beyer DT770 Pro's?

Default Can anyone compare Ultrasone DJ1 Pro to Beyer DT770 Pro's?

Yo guys! As the title says im lookin to know does anyone have both set of cans so they can give me some comparison, I have heard the DT770 pro's n they are niiiiice n very very comfortable.

The reason why i ask is cause i have the AKG k181 DJ's n they are very uncomfortable, they are fine for doin a short mix on the vci but for any extended period they hurt my ears.

Also i am doin more and more studio work in college so bottom line is i want over the ear cans that are comfortable n that i can use in studio but that i can use for DJ'ing aswell.

I was gonna just plump for the Ultrasone's but i have never heard them and then i got to hear the beyers the other day and thought they were great!!

Help would be great lads.

Thanks

Tech Guru

Ultrasone are really good headphone makers to be honest, and what sets them apart from the rest is that they advocate protecting your hearing. I've used the DJ1 Pros and I can see how people can love them, however, they werent exactly my thing since they have a similar isolation comparison to that of a HDJ-2000. For some people that works great, but the pads don't nearly cover enough of the area around my ears to qualify for my isolation needs.

Sound quality wise, they're pretty good, I like the fact that they're balanced and they don't color the sound - meaning unlike DJ headphones which typically cater to low end frequencies to deliver punchy bass - the DJ1 Pros deliver a good flat response which makes the sound quality clear and defined.

As far as build quality, they're alright. They're similar to the old Ministry of Sound headphones (if you ever got around to using those) which means to say that they're a bit too "plastic" for my tastes, I like a pair of cans that feel like they can take a beating, and the DJ1 Pros feel sturdy enough for steady use, but over time (much like the MDR-V700), normal wear and tear will do a number on them.

Anyhow, thats my $0.02

Anyone have their 2 cents on the beyers?

Thanks lads

I got you.

been a happy owner of the 770 pro's for about 6 months now. High's and Mid's sound brilliant, very accurate response imo. The low's on the other hand are a little coloured... This is due to the fact that they are closed cans. Build construction is fantastic. The head band is a heavy gage metal with a soft foam padding. The cups cover my entire ear and the velour feels nice against my head. Ive had these things on for well over 6 hours straight, sweat dripping off my head and feel every bit as comfortable as when I first put them on.

I went with the 770's because my studio is currently right below my daughters bedroom, and late night sessions were getting a little hard to pull off even with semi-open cans.... (stupid ventilation ducts). If you are gravitating more towards studio work, but still want them to be usable for DJ'ing have a look at the 880 pro's (semi open), They will give you a truer all around sound.

hope that helps.

Tech Guru

when I went to guitarcenter to get my headphones I asked them about both and the bayer are more for producing, studio monitoring, mastering tracks, etc. and the Ultrasones are more for DJin at the club, etc.

but you can use them how you want
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

I cant say anythin about the 770's, but I DJ with Ultrazones every weekend and would not use anything else, well maybe a pair of HD25's but they hurt my ears, and I sometimes forget to take my ultrazones off, that's how confy they r imo, but if u can try them first, but I tested mine at a mess and there was numerous different PA's and background noise there and that just disappeared when I put them on, and the sound is lovely, can prolly do a some good production in them id say as they r kinda flat.
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff