DJing live via the internet?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default DJing live via the internet?

How do I broadcast a live set using Traktor?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

If you got a mac get Nicecast.

As far as i can tell doing it on a pc is major hassle
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

i tried nicecast but it doesnt play both my channels it only plays 1 channel and it plays the track even when cueing up the song (volume fader was down on the mixer) idk what i did wrong
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

really!?

Mine works tip top.

Did you buy it or was it a crack?

You need to buy it cause you need to use their servers.

Also I presume you had your soundcard attached right?

mx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

how do I broadcast on a pc using traktor?
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

Tech Guru

demo and i did have the soundcard attached...
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

i am having a similar problem with setting up nice-cast (60 min demo). I know I already asked this question in the other thread, but since this new post is redundant to the last thread I see no harm in asking again.

what do I set the source as applications>traktor or audio device. I have a feeling like I will need sound-flower to get this to work (which is unreliable at best)

i dipped into this just a week ago when i tried live audition for online radio.

Traktor couldnt broadcast to their server because it is... damn forgot the term, but in short - its not a shoutcast so i had to use other app. Those apps are all the same, you just type in ip and port and select your output on soundcard (you have to do this right - perhaps Animus choose wrong channel. You have to pick the channel which is your master audio channel, or just picture it like if you want to record some stuff and this app is going to record it, you gotta give it your master audio feed)
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Santos10 View Post
    i tried nicecast but it doesnt play both my channels it only plays 1 channel and it plays the track even when cueing up the song (volume fader was down on the mixer) idk what i did wrong
    Did you wired your mixer back to you soundcard? The problem that you're describing sounds like you didn't connect your record/booth-out or something like that (it has to be a some sort of master out) back into the soundcard. If you choose this input in Nicecast it should work...
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    <snip> cause you need to use their servers.
    You don't actually ... loads of the Purple Radio DJs who own Macs use nicecast, and they use our server ... pedantry I know but heyho
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast