When will the VCi-100 be x64 compatible?

Default When will the VCi-100 be x64 compatible?

Soooooo... I got a great new HP Dv6 laptop. This things a beast. However, I just realized ALL of my MIDI controllers don't work... including the VCi-100.

I think I can do a workaround for the others by getting a x64 compatible MIDI>USB cable, but the VCi-100 is only USB...

Anyone know when we'll get some product support, or know of any workarounds?

Got the same lappy... these things are tanks! Also went through the same issues, accept my issues were with all my korg products. Korg has yet to answer the phone or reply to any emails, going on 7 months now... All my m-audio gear works with no problems (axiom 25, trigger finger, connectiv, prokeys 88). My edirol fa-101 works flawlessly after a driver update... Hell even my ION Icue works without issue...

I was looking into selling my zero8 and getting a vestax vcm 600 a little while ago but noticed that the vestax site said 64bit was not supported for this controller. I emailed their support team to see if a 64bit driver was in the works and this was the response I got:

"Hi the driver you may use depends on the software you will be using, not on the VCM-600 direct. Most of the software programs are already compatible to be used with 64 bit. But please check this with the software company."

Call me crazy and correct me if Im wrong, but last time I checked, unless your hardware is class compliant (nowhere on the vestax website does it say the vcm 600 is class compliant) it needs a driver in order to be used with ANY sofware...

Little off topic I know, but I hope this gives you a little insight as to the up hill battle you face! Best to Re-pack the dv6, save for a few more weeks and get a MPB. Im $400 shy of a shiny new 27" I-Mac! (zero8 is not used for gigging)

Well, this thing is my second attempt at a laptop....

I started with a Powerbook G4 years ago, it got stolen a while back.

I bought a refurb last years model DV7 with AMD Turion X2 chipsets, ran Traktor Pro flawlessly with my VCi-100 and Vista, BUT it wouldn't run ProTools (which is my main gig) so back it went.

This time with the HP DV6 i5, I got WAY more bang for my buck, PT runs fantastically, hell, even Traktor Pro works great, but now the VCI-100 and my MPD32 won't function.

Why would my VCi-100 work with Vista and not W7? Now I'm starting to think it might be that webcam driver issue people have been discussing... grrrrr.

I realized that my Novation X-Station is x64 compatible, so at least I can do production work using it's MIDI ports until I can get these other issues figured out. Thanks for the feedback though. Even w/o a solution, it's good to talk it out lol

webcam driver issue? please tell me more!

It's either a webcam driver issue (google logitech driver issue vci-100 or something similar) or a USB driver issue. I've read about people deleting USB drivers untill it worked... But that seems kind of sketchy. I've also read one site reccommended you delete ALL your USB drivers, which is even sketchier.

I'm thinking I might open up the driver folder and start *moving* drivers until it works. Not delete them. I'll let you know what the result is

The VCI-100 is class compliant. It runs fine on my Win7 x64 setup.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

^^^ damn! That's interesting. I'll have to test it out more. I've installed my older copy of Traktor 3, maybe it's just TPro that's not seeing it? I'm on a laptop, are you using a desktop with W7 or a lappy?

And Jack-

Have you utilized the onboard IDT sound card at all with Traktor? Supposedly it's 6in/6out :eek: It also says it has a SPDIF on it, but I have yet to find it...

*edit* NM, I realized the SPDIF shares one of the mini jacks on the front.
    Last edited by Villinus; 02-27-2010 at 11:12 AM.

please do.

No I have not used the IDT card, at this point Ive just been using my edirol fa-101...
    Last edited by Jack Creamation; 02-26-2010 at 09:37 PM.