Using the midi fighter mapping on a trigger finger

Default Using the midi fighter mapping on a trigger finger

Since the midifighter is just a 4x4 array of buttons, I SHOULD be able to use the mapping with a trigger finger correct? (minus LED indicators of course). I've tried importing the mapping, but since I'm not using a midifighter I have to relearn all the functions, except I dont know which midi commands go with which button

IE "the top left button on the midi fighter is Ch.03 Note.C2" or whatever it is

can anyone help me out with that?

Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

thanks, I guess I didnt look in threads, I just searched "Trigger Finger midi fighter"

i am trying to map my nanopad2 to try to act as a midi fighter but its kinda buggy

i already open the korg kontrol editor and edited the notes as this link: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9960

and set it to channel 3

it works but sometimes it doesnt, sometimes it would act on deck A sometimes it would be on deck B, anyone else experienced this when using other 16 pad kontrollers as the midi fighter?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

which mapping are you using?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    which mapping are you using?
    i used ean's instant gratification mapping

most of the things do work well but it is kinda glitchy, i wonder why because i have set the midi assignments to mimic the midi fighter exactly lol
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

I'll tell you for why. It's because the instant gratification mapping uses the midifighter's 4 banks mode.

This basically means that the notes produced by the bottom 12 buttons are changed by pressing the top 4 (ie you have 4 banks of 12).

I don't know much about the nanopad note editing process, but you need to be able to switch between pages of different notes and set them to the same notes as the 4 banks of the midi fighter. Or you can just use the mapping for one deck.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I'll tell you for why. It's because the instant gratification mapping uses the midifighter's 4 banks mode.

This basically means that the notes produced by the bottom 12 buttons are changed by pressing the top 4 (ie you have 4 banks of 12).

I don't know much about the nanopad note editing process, but you need to be able to switch between pages of different notes and set them to the same notes as the 4 banks of the midi fighter. Or you can just use the mapping for one deck.
    hmm interesting

is there anywhere i can find the midi fighter assignments?
    all i can find is:
    C3 C#3 D3 D#3
    G#2 A2 A#2 B2
    E2 F2 F#2 G2
    C2 C#2 D2 D#2

which is i assume is for the first bank?

there are 4 banks for the nanoPAD2 - which seems perfect to emulate the midi fighter, im trying to get it to work as well as the original midi fighter hahaha
    Setup:

I don't think that is the same as the first bank, but there's a map of the notes for all 4 around somewhere.