Help! Track creeps foreward as I scratch on the spot!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help! Track creeps foreward as I scratch on the spot!

Why does the track creep forward when I scratch on the spot? It's very frustrating.

Dumb Noob
    -------------
    Traktor 3 (not LE)
    VCI-100 1.2
    Imac 2.8 Dual
    4GiG Ram

What tks. have you got loaded?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

1 off the Vestax website, specific to Traktor 3. I'll load another and post the results.

Sounds like the ramp up issue.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Really? Boo!
    It says it's 1.2 firmware.
    Is it a software issue then?

Can someone please define RAMP, RAMPED UP or RAMPING also?

Where shall I find the most suitable .tks files?

Thanks to you helpful people.
    Last edited by edgaredgar; 10-08-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

Try Telly's .tks, which is what I use: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=69345

I've noticed that the scratch point moves a little, but its not very noticeable (to me). I think you may be experiencing what is commonly referred to as the "sticker drift" - the point at which you scratch (the sticker) moves. Sticker drift is common in DVS when using relative mode, but never experienced using software.

However, the MIDI commands of the jog wheels themselves is their velocity, which I think (emphasize the think) might also cause sticker drift as well.

sgb
    Last edited by sgb; 10-08-2008 at 09:07 PM.

I'm quite sure it's no ramping at all but rather the wrong TKS loaded.

Try out a few different ones. I believe I had the same issue the first time I loaded a tks but after downloading and trying a few different ones I hit the jackpot. If memory serves me correctly it was even a rather old one for a previous version of traktor 3.

Good luck.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by emil_brikha View Post
    I'm quite sure it's no ramping at all but rather the wrong TKS loaded.
    Yeah, this is what I was getting at. I had the 3.2 .tks loaded when I first got Traktor and had the ramp up [as well as missing all the cool lights on the VCI ] and it was resolved as soon as I got the 3.3 .tks

Edgaredger - check what version of Traktor you're using. If it 3.2, get that .tks. If it's 3.3 or 3.4 get the 3.3 .tks. You're troubles should be resolved.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Hmm... I'm using Traktor 3.0.
    I've just tried all the .tks' (3.0,3.1,3.2) from the vestax website to, sadly, no avail.
    The problem is; the forward motion of the platter moves the song forward much faster than the equivalent reverse motion does backwards.
    Both platters do it equaly.
    I will persists with different .tks' and post results.

If all else fails, I'd suggest upgrading your Traktor version
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast