How to restore MF settings to Default?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to restore MF settings to Default?

Hi Folks,

It would be great if the "Factory preset bootup" key combination could be explained here from the ground up. I would need to re-set my unit to default as it has stopped sending midi on Traktor and I presume the midi basenote has changed and I don't quite have a grasp at how to roll it back the way it should be.

Any help would be appreciated. : )

cheers,

Matti

Ok , I have tested the unit with Ableton Live & it's not sending any midi messages at all.

Tech Convert

I'm having a similar problem with my midi fighter. Last night at my show I was setting up in a small booth and I looked down to see all the lights lit up on my midi fighter... Stupidly enough I pushed a few of the buttons and then unplugged it. After I plugged it back in, It would not trigger or send any midi messages to traktor... Every time I connect it now, only 1 LED lights up ( 3 button from the left, top row), and when other buttons are pressed no LED's light up.

Please Help!!!

Anything to reprogram this??? Please!!! I love my midi fighter

The "factory reset chord" only exists in the latest firmware, so if you haven't updated your firmware you can't use it. All it does is visit each of the items in Menu Mode and set them to their default values. You can do the same manually, but it's just nice to have a boot-up option single key that does that for you.

If you can't enter Menu Mode, that's a fundamental hardware problem. Mail DJTT for a return.

If you can drop into Menu Mode and exit but still can't send MIDI, then the problem is inside your PC.

The lights at bootup briefly display the USB connection state:

Light 1 = Disconnected
    Light 2 = Enumerating
    Light 3 = Connected

As soon as the USB is connected, you should get your normal display (that depends on whether you have enabled Keypress Lights, and whether any MIDI notes are incoming)

Updating your Firmware is a good thing to do as the MIDI implementation is slightly more robust in the latest firmware (you can press keys faster and it handles them). Updating your firmware will have no effect on your computer, so make sure the problems are not there first.

Tech Convert

Thanks for the quick response. I dont think this issues is with my computer as I tried the midi fighter on both mine and my friends mac (we both have traktor.)

I do want to clarify that when I plug the MF in, the third light stays lit and dosen't turn off! I can access menu mode and when I exit, the third light stays on!

I might try upgrading to the new firmware, is this a difficult process with a mac?

Thanks again!

You might wanto to get in touch with a friend who has a pc & flash the unit on that. The process on Mac is painstaking at the moment...

I did mine on a PC & it now works perfect.

M

Tech Wizard

Default Midifighter Not Responding and All LEDS ON

Hi there,

I'm also having this exact problem, booted up my machine this morning to use traktor and noticed all lights on the midifighter were on and completely unresponsive.

I can confirm nothing out of the ordinary has occured on my computer to cause this.

I have checked all settings on my mac and there seem to be no problems, I have also tried using the midifighter on multiple other computers (mac + PC) with the same symptoms.

In the midi studio section of midi setup (on osx) the midifighter is greyed out and is not online.

It will not drop into menu mode. I tried to update the firmware using flip but the device does not show up in the device manger or flip.

What do you think i should do as a next step?

Talk to

orders@djtechtools.com

about returns, sorry. The more returns we actually get back into the office, the better the chance we have of working out if there's a common, fixable cause.

Tech Wizard

Thanks mate. I just emailed them this morning as well.

Hopefully I'll hear a reply back soon.

hey guys my midifighter when i turned my laptop on to use traktor the shift button LED is on and all other buttons are not responding, how can i reset it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast