My dirty little club secret - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If I had an iPhone, I would probably do the same from time to time.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    If I had an iPhone, I would probably do the same from time to time.
    Copying the whole set yes, but to get the name of an occasional track, I don't see the harm in that.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

I think you forgot a 'not'.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

I'll be honest, Im kind of a shit disturber. If someone asked me the name of the track playing, I'd make something up lmao

Karlos is right. If Shazam can identify the song, it is certainly not someone's secret digital dub weapon they cooked up the afternoon before they played.

Shazam away, buckaroo.

I always kind of get a kick of seeing iphones in the air anyway; it's kind of a positive reinforcement for what I'm playing.

Default Re: My dirty little club secret

Shit I would just walk up to the Dj and ask him what track is it. 1/2 the time they are my friends djing, so they just give me the cd after he finish using the cd.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Yep, I think everyone is right. I played tonight and I noticed someone trying to get a song name, the person came up and asked instead, guess shazam didn't find it :P

I think it can't be avoided. If your a DJ yourself and you hear someone drop a song that you know is perrrrfecttt for your style/set. Copying whole sets or even doing the same 3 or 4 songs as another DJ is plain cheating. But one song? You can't help it if you heard it for the first time from a DJ, chances are if the track gives me that sort of reaction in a club I would have bought it straight away at a shop if I happened to have found it there 1st (and had enough money).
    Novation ReMote 25, Novation Launchpad, Traktor Pro, Macbook Pro
    http://flavors.me/jkcraven

Tech Mentor

I completely agree, copying a whole set or a few songs is wrong. I spend hours putting my sets together, refining them week after week, I take pride in it. Playing someone elses set won't feel the same as playing your own I reckon

Does it actually work? I would think it would work more for mainstream stuff.

If I dont already know, and I must know.. I ask the DJ; and, they are always cool about it.. As am I.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast