Mixed In Key/Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixed In Key/Traktor Pro

I'm looking to purchase Mixed In Key and was wondering how to show the results within Traktor Pro on a Macbook after tracks have been analyzed. Also is the Platinum Notes 2.0 version of Mixed in Key recommended???Thankyou in advance for any help!

Ok mate in the newer updates of traktor ... 1.2.1+, you can show track comments in the deck view. So if you want your key+BPM results from MiK to show up, select the option "overwrite comments" in MiK.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

PN 2.0 is nice, but its really hit or miss. Theres no option to bypass the dynamic altering which gets processed into each track, and depending on the production, it can really sound washed out and dull on the high frequencies. Platinum Notes 3.0 is going to be a major over haul in this respect.

You could safely purchase Platinum Notes or Mixed In Key, and get lifetime updates for free. I highly recommend it, and Yakov is an amazing resource of assistance and genuinely cares about his customers, I give him my highest praises.

Hey, there all.
    I have a similar query. I am currently using Mixed in key and writing the results to the comments section of the ID3 tag. However when i open the files in traktor 1.2.4 the comments (key info) is not displayed. Even though when i check the ID3 of the file it is written in the comments section on the ID3.
    This is really frustrating as I do not know what I am doing wrong, or why traktor will not display the comments.
    Any help is much appreciated!

Mark

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You're writing the tag to the comment, not to the Key tag. In the preferences tab in MiK this can change. If you load the comment field in Traktor you should see the key

Or, alternatively, you need to run a consistency check to make sure Traktor knows the tags have been updated.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey Dvls,
    Yeh i am using MIK 2.5, I cant seem to be able to write to the key tag.
    I have the preference set to overwrite any comments, and place the key info (2A, 4B, etc) in the comments tag.
    I have traktor Pro set to display the comments tag. however when it analyses and imports the track the comments tag remains blank. Even though when i check the tag using winamp the comments containing the key info (2A etc) are displayed in winamp perfectly, as they appear in MIK.

This is wierd I know. I am currently running the tracks from their default location on my hard drive. If i import everything into my collection would that help?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    You could safely purchase Platinum Notes or Mixed In Key, and get lifetime updates for free. I highly recommend it, and Yakov is an amazing resource of assistance and genuinely cares about his customers, I give him my highest praises.
    With emphasis on "customers". At the same time he tries to fuck over the world by asserting intellectual property on a simple extension of the circle of fifths. Aside from this MIK has horrible usability imho and also still doesnt work with AAC files. At the same time their detection algo seems quite good, but hard to tell since they do not offer a trail. DJTT however did a review. As for PN, to me it seems quite crazy to think you can increase quality truely by reencoding compressed audio. You might be able to do some good on some tracks which are simple in structure, but I fear most people are just blindly running all their tracks through it. For normalization I rely on TP's auto gain which doesnt run the risk of adding artifacts due to reencoding.

Anyways, Yakov isnt evil. The problem is that he doesnt realize how wrong his actions are.

I hope my answer is useful and isnt just a rant
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

been toying with getting MiK to, i assume you can organize your tracks by the comments section and have then listed in key order?
    i know of the basics of the camelot circle thing, one number up or down from where you are or change between letters a or b, so organizing it by those numbers should mean that having the wheel to hand is less necessary?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

if you can count to 1, 2 & 7 you don't need that wheel
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

yeah the key "innovation" of the camelot notation is that you can use standard sorting in a column view to be able to tell the close matches.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast