About the MICROWAVE DJs article - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Guru

just buy digital and be done with.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

Im surprised nobody has come up with a MIDI controller which relays tracks information from a program to an LCD screen on the controller, to give people the option to not have to cling to their screens for dear life lol

there is the numark dmc2 and the dual deck midi controller decks from denon that do that.

i agree on there being more controllers that have it.

i think thats a better use for a little touchscreen like the iphone over trying to duplicate hardware controls...i can imgine an app that shows the info of both, and then could be used to surf playlist and load track.
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    I'm new to dj'ing, I became interested in it as a means of remixing and performing live my loops and productions - so frankly I do not understand this discussion or why there is much heated debate over a tool. Whether its a sine wave, sample, a 32 bar loop from someone elses song; we are all just trying to entertain ourselves with a sound and hopefully someone else is entertained by it too.
    i was trying to figure out an easy way to explain this argument, it really isn't about the tool, as much as it is about the "fast track" (which involves the tool)

it could be compared to steroids in sports, now please understand i'm not saying all digital djs are doing this, i've mentioned its possible for anyone with any setup to use and train their ears over their eyes. in that case technology is being used to increase muscle mass, doing in months what would take years.

the article was an interesting look into the term microwave, which in part is a reference to the over reliance of the waves ie the visual waveforms.

Default Re: About the MICROWAVE DJs article

Hi I'm JesC and Im a vinyl Dj that was cyrofrozen 20 years ago. I was brought back to life in 2006, in a microwave. I was given a vci100 so I can take over the world.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

End of the day, it's all about who you know. If you're talented you'll get noticed.
    Co-founder, Promoter and DJ for Easy Love, an independent promotions company for dance events in Edmonton, AB.

Check out our blog for more information - www.easylovedance.com.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    i was trying to figure out an easy way to explain this argument, it really isn't about the tool, as much as it is about the "fast track" (which involves the tool)

it could be compared to steroids in sports, now please understand i'm not saying all digital djs are doing this, i've mentioned its possible for anyone with any setup to use and train their ears over their eyes. in that case technology is being used to increase muscle mass, doing in months what would take years.

the article was an interesting look into the term microwave, which in part is a reference to the over reliance of the waves ie the visual waveforms.

Lemme rephrase that - I get it. I just don't care.
    I'm no professional, I have a day job, no one pays me to do what I do. As a "hobbyist" I don't have the same vested interest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123