Have you used Serato?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Don't know for sure, but I hear most people talk about Traktor and Virtual DJ here in the Netherlands.
    (Less talk about Serato and Mix Vibes)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    I'd say...... 63% SSL, 47% Traktor, 8% Itch, 10% Vinyl, 40% Beans, 45% Rainbows, 39% Elephant Tusk aaaaannnd 62% Butter.
    LOL
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Just because Serato is the popular option does not make it the best option !

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Just because Serato is the popular option does not make it the best option !
    GOOD POINT.....but most of the clubs use serato like my broher once he almost couldnt play at one gig one day cuz he didnt have serato and he was playing with his vci....i thing is a really stupid thinh idk promoters and owner they just think the serto is the only stable software

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaly View Post
    GOOD POINT.....but most of the clubs use serato like my broher once he almost couldnt play at one gig one day cuz he didnt have serato and he was playing with his vci....i thing is a really stupid thinh idk promoters and owner they just think the serto is the only stable software
    There is only one way opinions like these are going to change and that is by dj's sticking to their guns !

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I agree with Bento wholeheartedly. There is a world beyond Serato, and it's better.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

serato is very stable and simple and there is alot to say for that. there are many great choices and only some time and experience will tell you which is best for your style.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by earwax View Post
    serato is very stable and simple and there is alot to say for that. there are many great choices and only some time and experience will tell you which is best for your style.
    hey guys unfortunally itch is not stable like serato since its a new sofware they still fixing the mess right now it have so many bugs and problems i not even funny and from what i hear the vci 300 is awesome but they have a lil problems too VESTAX said is the SOFT and serato said IS THE HARD.......i think is both.......since the release of both itch already did like 3 upgrades version soo they working in the mess lol and some units of the vci came a lil defective so they are exchanging them

so i really think is going to be a while untill the vci 300 and itch get stable for now the VCI was the best option for my sis.....

BTW i just remember the words that BENTO said to me one day NEVER BUY SOMETHING THAT THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH its never going to be stable and its going to always fails......btw i think that post got erase it was on the VESTAX VCM 600
    Last edited by luigislaperig; 10-11-2008 at 07:01 AM.

When all else fails... call it version 1.0

Default Serato is Boring

Just like the other post said, it's just like using records without the records. Why would anyone want to do that with all of the "mixing" options available. I owned an SL1 and a TTM56(not the most impressive mixer btw, it was so light it jumped all over the place when scratching) for about 3 years i guess. I sold it and now run a lot of different programs and enjoying playing music more than ever. Yes, if you are beginning and want to look like you know what you're doing in front of people those handy side by side waveforms will mos def help you out, but i would still say Mixvibes is better for scratching. Stuff that sucks about serato, 1.needle drop only way to get to middle of track or mix(or scroll but that takes forever) in MV you just mouse click where you wanna go,2. non-customizable skin (And Believe me, after a while YOU WILL get tired of looking at that same screen), 3. well, like i said, you get bored with it easily, sometimes you just wanna sit down and play with music and serato isn't for that. If you seriuos about it(djing), at some point you're gonna want to move to something more flexible so why not start out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast