Traktor music collection/ itunes crates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor music collection/ itunes crates

Hi, need some held and advice over
    here plz.

Long story short: was used to serato,
    just switchednto traktor. My main issue is importing new tracks and building playlists in traktor. I use to simply build my crates in itunes, and serato would
    recognize it easily.

Can anyone give
    me advice on the best way to manage folders, import songs and build playlists in traktor.
    Collection? Playlists? Itunes library?

What is the best way and how to do it?

Thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Twitch View Post
    Hi, need some held and advice over
    here plz.

Long story short: was used to serato,
    just switchednto traktor. My main issue is importing new tracks and building playlists in traktor. I use to simply build my crates in itunes, and serato would
    recognize it easily.

Can anyone give
    me advice on the best way to manage folders, import songs and build playlists in traktor.
    Collection? Playlists? Itunes library?

What is the best way and how to do it?

Thx in advance
    Traktor easily recognizes any playlist in your iTunes...you just need to import the tunes and collection into Traktor. ANd before you get flamed have a look at this to:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/01/0...ns-to-traktor/

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I make ALL my playlists in iTunes.

I cant stand the attitude towards iTunes that some people have. I works, period.

pushplay is spot on. Just assign your iTunes library in Traktor Preferences and your iTunes playlists are available.

I use Traktor playlists folders and have all my previous sets in them from Archive.

You can set Traktor to import your Music folder on start-up, this will auto import any new iTunes entries to the Traktor collection (it wont create doubles).

K

Tech Wizard

Awesome thx!

What bothered me
    was that lets say i add only
    like 5 new songs, i have to re
    analyze
    my whole library..

Also, how can i analyze/ bpm detect my
    tracks in itunes playlists.. Seems like it only analyzes/ bpm detects when songs are in collection, or playlists, but doesnt in itunes traktor folder..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You dont have to re-analyse mate.
    There is preference to Analyse newly imported tracks, it wont re-analyse previous tracks.

Once a track is added to the Traktor Collection and analysed its bpm will show in the iTunes browser and all your iTunes playlists will show the bpm.

For Traktor to show bpms in either iTunes or traktor they have to be analysed and added to the Traktor collection, there is no option for this.

K

Your usin a mac karlos, i use it on a pc an think its a piece of shite! Its slow clunky and not very pleasent to use at all. Tried to use it so many times and it doesnt do anything for me that warrants the blag.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Wizard

yeah im on PC as well.

Ok last question. Im getting my itunes playlists to show. BUT, when I import it all to my collection, it no longer shows me sub-folders and playlists..
    Example:

CLUB Sutra playlist (folder)
    Electro
    Hip hop
    House, etc..

Basically, when I import my "CLUB Sutra playlist" to my collection, it puts all those tracks in one playlist. I can no longer have the sub-divisions of styles of music..

Thats why I stay in my itunes collection, to have that subdivision, but cant analyze from itunes playlist...

not sure If im being clear, you guys may know what im trying to say..

thx

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I cant stand the attitude towards iTunes that some people have. I works, period.
    Guilty, I used to talk shit, then I was held at knife point to use it because I bought a MacBook Pro - love it now.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Your usin a mac karlos, i use it on a pc an think its a piece of shite!
    BUY A MAC!!11!
    Just kidding lol, I hate it when people give a bullshit answer like that. I tried using iTunes on a PC a few times and it was just a mess, but it works for so many people because they dont use half it's features in the way a DJ does. Some people have better luck with it than I did though so hey, could be a user error on my end lol.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Twitch View Post
    yeah im on PC as well.

Ok last question. Im getting my itunes playlists to show. BUT, when I import it all to my collection, it no longer shows me sub-folders and playlists..
    Example:

CLUB Sutra playlist (folder)
    Electro
    Hip hop
    House, etc..

Basically, when I import my "CLUB Sutra playlist" to my collection, it puts all those tracks in one playlist. I can no longer have the sub-divisions of styles of music..

Thats why I stay in my itunes collection, to have that subdivision, but cant analyze from itunes playlist...

not sure If im being clear, you guys may know what im trying to say..

thx
    I know this is an old thread, but bouncing around between Itch and Traktor - I'm starting to use Traktor a bit again and having this same issue. When I import my playlists none of my sub playlist show up as sub's. It's just one huge playlist.

I could just use them straight form the Itunes folders, but none of the cue points, bpms are saving in that view?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

I've just switched to using iTunes smart playlists in Traktor. Instead of importing the playlist into the playlist folder in traktor iv got my smart playlists in the fvourites bar, but some of my tracks aren't showing the BPM's (they are showing the bpms in my collection but not if im browsing the smart playlists under itunes in traktor)

Any idea why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast