HID Controllers Being Used for ITCH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HID Controllers Being Used for ITCH

Does anyone here use the vci300, ns7, or the like actuall with serato itch. like fully. Seems like everything on here is about remapping the controller to traktor via and routing a usb through ur butthole to make it work proper. Not hating on traktor i actually switched from serato and a vci300 to traktor scratch. Just seems like there somethings better left untouched like the jogwheel capabilities of ITCH controllers. Now especially with effects i think ITCH is becoming quite the DJ software. Any of you guys out there rockin the ITCH setup? What do you like most about it?
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Guru

been interested in hearing about Itch as well. Currently rockin TP, and VCI-100....but thinking about trying itch and HID jogwheels out. Any input from folks. If the mapping for the 300 works for TP, would be a cool to have both applications to choose from.

Tech Guru

I used Itch for a while. I love the seamless integration with hardware, but the interface for me was too barren. Like there wasn't enough to do or something, it was hard to explain it, but I look at the Traktor interface and immediately feel a surge of creativity from all the options being displayed to me, and the flexibility of audio routing/mapping.

But I think that will change with the Xone DX. I dont like the idea of a $1200 controller lacking a basic feature like touch sensitive platters, but oh well - if it kicks ass, it kicks ass.

What made you switch from Serato to Traktor?

I own an ns7. I leave it on for weeks at a time.
    I like the immediacy of it. Like ill have a 60 minute jam session from ableton, and listen to it in itch, the outputs of the ns7 run into another computer running ableton and when I hear a phrase seqeunce or sound I like I sample it in ableton. Or if I'm looking for loops and one shot samples from records I will do the same thing. I'm trying to get in the habit of making copies of my vinyl when I get them for this reason. Editting in ableton can be thorough ... but its god damn boring.

I like itch over traktor because of the interface. Its quick, its clean, and its uncluttered.
    I wanna get a v7 soon tho. Integrated, prefader fx with individual outs so I can use a mixer of my choice and more options for signal flow fuckery. I just wanted itch so I can essentially do old school dub plate type shit without making dub plates

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    I wanna get a v7 soon
    Tried the V7 not too long ago, love it. I think the price point is very appropriate considering the quality and feel of the unit, and it also functions as two decks which makes it even more bad ass. It's sort of like Numarks answer to the EKS Otus, only with a motorized platter and a more robust feel.

The long ass pitch fader also makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Pitch accuracy and resolution is a huge thing with me, and it more than happily steps up to the plate as far as that goes. The fader for the FX wet/dry is also nice, it's exactly like the effects control on an Ecler Nuo 5.

The only thing that sucks which I don't agree with is that one V7 can control two decks, but 2 V7's can't control 4 decks. Hopefully they find a way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    been interested in hearing about Itch as well. Currently rockin TP, and VCI-100....but thinking about trying itch and HID jogwheels out. Any input from folks. If the mapping for the 300 works for TP, would be a cool to have both applications to choose from.
    i said without rerouting a usb through your butt hole and then into traktor man. damn. im jp with ya.
    @mmauve i switched to traktor because i was orignally going to get Scratch Live for when i went to a DVS having used it with some friends and being familiar with ITCH but the Rane SL3 is stupid expensive and has lower resolution audio and control then traktor scratch so i decided why pay more for less.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Phormula1.8T View Post
    i said without rerouting a usb through your butt hole and then into traktor man. damn. im jp with ya.
    @mmauve i switched to traktor because i was orignally going to get Scratch Live for when i went to a DVS having used it with some friends and being familiar with ITCH but the Rane SL3 is stupid expensive and has lower resolution audio and control then traktor scratch so i decided why pay more for less.
    yeah I hear ya man. I guess what im trying to figure out are the pros and cons. VCI-300, Itch, and a VFX-1 for effects vs. VCI-100se, TP and its effects along with the 3.3 mapping.

Aside from the cost and cheesy sound card on the 300, what are the pros and cons. The HID wheels being one of the pros!

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    The only thing that sucks which I don't agree with is that one V7 can control two decks, but 2 V7's can't control 4 decks. Hopefully they find a way around that.
    I'm not really interested in 4 decks because I'm not much of a turntablist and that's not really my ambition but I suggested this on the serato itch forum to someone else - I run itch on a pentium 4, 1 gb piece of shit. That's all I use that pc for, it is underspecced but once you turn everything off it runs stable; it never falters. With 2 v7s, it would be really cheap just to get 2 pcs of equal capability, throw the motherboards into a rackmount case. Provides better ventilation for the cpu then a laptop could, easier to keep out of harms way then a laptop, more durable, and if you get 2 small high res screens layed flat on that laptop stand numark gives out - doesn't standout like a sore thumb as much as a laptop. Probably wouldn't even cost more then 400 bucks either

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    I'm not really interested in 4 decks because I'm not much of a turntablist and that's not really my ambition
    please dont take this as an abrasive comment as im not trying to call u out but 4 deck mixing has nothing to do with turntablism. thats something only a mix dj would be interested in.
    @haze ok well as you said one of the big cons is that assclown of a sound card inside the vci300. the other con i guess is that HID proprietary info hasnt caught on yet like it needs to. ITCH is really the only legit software using it and its hard to achieve with the same performance with a different software using an itch based controller. other cons (i guess) are things like the bareness of ITCH but again i think ITCH is aimed at the turntablist who wants to be able spin digital on something less heavy duty than DVS. the kind of turntablist who wants cues loops effects and the like without 2 turntables a mixer a soundcard a computer and a god damn controller to top it off, so itch provides said turntablist with an all in one solution. biggest pro is the speed man. all functions on ITCH are next to instantaneous be it cue points, loop functions, jog wheel sensitivity and responsiveness, and overall stable control. now i do like traktor more but ill tell u what, having used itch and traktor on both a macbook pro and a PIIIIECE OF SHIIT pc. ITCH has always prevailed in the stability regard. it really is rock solid in this sense. while i wont recommend this you can even drop tracks onto a playing deck with an almost instant response without any audio drop out or anything. and especially now more than ever if anyone reading this recalls my thread about the surge scratch djing interest/ turntablist style djing. let me let DeezNotes show what im talkin about. after watching this i cant see why anyone would try to map a vci300 to traktor (i mean i can but whatever just enjoy the video) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrr3s6UJzz8
    Durty Harry

I own a VCI-300 and a VCI-100

The only advantage i see in itch for a controllerist is better jog wheel support and thats about it With a good remapping system Serato could be a whoooooole lot better- sure the standard setups are passable but thats about it. Traktor lets you get your hands dirty a whole lot more and allows you to personalize your setup to a bigger extent, that allows you to be truely unique rather than just being a carbon copy of every other dj out there.

That said, if your main insturment is your wheels of steel Serato Itch is certainly the better choice between Traktor and Serato so i can see why some people choose it. I cant wait for the day we dont have to make such decisions based purely on jog wheel support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast