Visuals, Videos, Real-life events... What inspires you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Tech Wizard MAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default Visuals, Videos, Real-life events... What inspires you?

    A lot of the songs I play are represenations of parts of my life that I went through or that I wish to go through.

    I'm not gonna lie I love visuals as well. Does anyone else use any? If so, was just wondering which visualizations from what programs you vibe to the most. iTunes 8 has some pretty sick stuff. My Xbox360 has some pretty cool stuff too. I tend to leave it on the visualizer once in a while.

    Post any videos/visuals that make you feel inspiration to mix some good songs; let's get some cool stuff in here.

    represent yourself.

  2. #2
    Tech Mentor EYENSEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Peg Gritty
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAR View Post
    A lot of the songs I play are represenations of parts of my life that I went through or that I wish to go through.

    I'm not gonna lie I love visuals as well. Does anyone else use any? If so, was just wondering which visualizations from what programs you vibe to the most. iTunes 8 has some pretty sick stuff. My Xbox360 has some pretty cool stuff too. I tend to leave it on the visualizer once in a while.

    Post any videos/visuals that make you feel inspiration to mix some good songs; let's get some cool stuff in here.

    represent yourself.

    i do some... my site: www.EYENSEE.tv




    ..

  3. #3
    DJTT Dominator JesC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Yeah check out eye's stuff, I do video mixing too. Im gonna do video mixing @ a rave on friday here in L.A.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

  4. #4
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    849

    Default

    ATM I'm loving soulwires work with music visualisation and flash.

    http://blog.soulwire.co.uk/flash/act...ation/#more-34

    I'm currently working on some flassh software to do something very similar except it will be linked up with my Midi controllers so effects/triggers on my controller effect the visuals :]

    Will post results when anywhere near completion

  5. #5
    Tech Wizard MAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    25

    Default

    damn.

    lol im feelin' this stuff a lot.

    EYENSEE, nice site.

    i like the Jay-Z American Gangster Breaks.

    and i'd like to see some of that stuff when it comes out midian.

    this is gonna be a sick thread

  6. #6
    Tech Wizard Tukindz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    20

    Default

    can't stand visuals...what a waste of energy, your carbon foot print must be as black as tar, like the muck that is destroying our planet....

    I'm kidding, Xbox 360 has great visuals.

  7. #7
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    ATM I'm loving soulwires work with music visualisation and flash.

    http://blog.soulwire.co.uk/flash/act...ation/#more-34

    I'm currently working on some flassh software to do something very similar except it will be linked up with my Midi controllers so effects/triggers on my controller effect the visuals :]

    Will post results when anywhere near completion
    Cant wait to see what your doing there dude !

  8. #8
    DJTT Dominator JesC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Hey I get alot of my clips from the cats called WWW.ANALOGRECYCLING.COM site is down atm....

    The site is not up all the time, but other website mirrors there videos...good stuff

    i found this...

    http://www.archive.org/details/ANALO...CLING_VJ_LOOPS
    Last edited by JesC; 10-10-2008 at 04:41 PM.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

  9. #9
    Dr. Bento BentoSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    Hey I get alot of my clips from the cats called WWW.ANALOGRECYCLING.COM site is down atm....

    The site is not up all the time, but other website mirrors there videos...good stuff

    i found this...

    http://www.archive.org/details/ANALO...CLING_VJ_LOOPS
    That looks like a decent resource for VJ's thanks for the link

    I still personally prefer on the fly CG stuff personally as it can be manipulated a heap more, but its also alot harder to do and consumes much much more CPU. So much CPU that currently you need a dedicated system to do the cool stuff

  10. #10
    DJTT Dominator JesC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    I did a gig tonight, video mixing & light setup. I wish I would have record some of the footage.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •