Designing a MF addon controller

Default Designing a MF addon controller

well, like the title states, and hopefully with input from Ean. I'm trying to incorporate the extra inputs of the MF in a second controller interface. Currently i'm in the stage of deciding the configuration for the inputs, and that's the reason for this post.

Option 1: would be an extra fx controller
    8 way digital arcade joystick
    4 analogue sliders/knobs

Option 2: would function as mixer support:
    4 push buttons to mark headphone cue on/off a/b/c/d
    4 analogue sliders for deck volume a/b/c/d

Option 3: more designated fx
    4 buttons
    4 sliders/knobs

Option 4: fx
    2 analogue joysticks
    4 pushbuttons

questions? comments? ideas? I like to tinker and as soon as I get my MF, I can start building this ;D

I am thinking somewhere along the line of:
    4x Line fader (3pins)
    1x crossfader (3pins)
    2x rotary encoder (3 pins)

Haven't figured the last slot out yet.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

You can only have 4 analo Tekki so that limits you to 3 Faders, 1 cross fader )

awesome, I just received the shipping notice for my MF, once I get it assembled I can start tinkering with some options. I'd love some more feedback.

@midifidler: no digital crossfaders to go round than?

I was kinda hoping to find one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

damn, bumpity bump bump, is no one interested in a plug and play addon? c'mon, throw some thoughts at me

You want step by step instructions? How about you make a start, take some pictures and we'll join in.

There's nothing like the thrill of plugging in a component and seeing it control the software. Sitting around and waiting for a design to appear from the ether will take a while, so while you're waiting why not get your feet wet with some cardboard, some 26 gauge wire, a breadboard and some components?

Either you didn't read my post or you misunderstood it. I plan to get soaked, I'm going to build a plug in addon controller, pcb and all, and try to mass produce it, all I want from this community is an opinion of which model to build. I'm not going to build 20 different types if only 2 are going to be used. so to help, i'm going to open a new post so i can just use teh poll system.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Digital Demon View Post
    damn, bumpity bump bump, is no one interested in a plug and play addon? c'mon, throw some thoughts at me
    I'm wating on some parts to get in, (or my next paycheck) and I'm gonna wire some 1/4" jacks to plug in controller pedals. One mono - to act as a button, and one stereo to an analog input to plug in a wah type pedal. I'm planning on switching the Beatslicer effect record/on with the switch pedal, and filter cutoff with the wah pedal.

Get yer feet workin'!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
    -Hunter S. Thompson