Help with APC40 mapping to Serato Scratch Live (SSL)

Default Help with APC40 mapping to Serato Scratch Live (SSL)

I have everything from internal mode mapped to an apc40. This means I don't need turntables or cdj's. i simply use faders mapped to pitch faders in ssl. I want to know if any of you midi gurus can help me. I want to get the lights on my apc to work properly in SSL. Is there a way to do this. I saw someone did this for traktor in the midi mapping forum.

HELP!

I'm pretty sure that SSL is somewhat lacking in MIDI features, and it's where Serato has turned to ITCH as it's main option for those wanting to use MIDI. But best of luck on that.

;(

Not going to work. SSL only does midi in and doesn't do midi out. You need the midi out to make the lights work. Isnt the APC40 a little overkill for SSL?
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

you could make it work if you used a midi translator like bomes....
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

no, I have evry button mapped. With Live 2.0 though. Plus I only use int mode and don't use turntables. It runs pretty much exactly like traktor except no autosync. Plus now live has a sampler and effects so it's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by djlokifl View Post
    Not going to work. SSL only does midi in and doesn't do midi out. You need the midi out to make the lights work. Isnt the APC40 a little overkill for SSL?

how? PLease help.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    you could make it work if you used a midi translator like bomes....

if you go to the bomes forums and take a look at the informational thread they have about the apc40 you will find info on what you need to map for bomes to send midi out to the apc40 so it will allow you to control the LEDs.

basically bomes sits between the apc40 and the SSL, and through programming in bomes you can make complex midi mappings not possible in the native program.

bomes was used in SSL to give it midi functionality before it had midi, people used bomes to translate the midi from the controller into keyboard characters which were shortcuts in SSL.

u on mac or pc?

I'm on both, I gig with a pc though.

well on mac there is a free translator

as far as bomes, i'm not sure the basic version will do what you need, you will probably need the pro version.

good luck