NI Kontrol X1 vs. A&H Xone 1D
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default NI Kontrol X1 vs. A&H Xone 1D

whats your opinion on these two? Which one do you think is better?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

apart from the lack of a jog wheel, my vote is for the X1.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

just out of curiosity why do you think it would be better?
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Its got a lot of features, is light as a feather, and is a nice affordable price. If you want a wheel and faders tho, the 1D would be the way to go i think mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

if my Xone 1D had an extra row of knobs i would have stayed using that... I love the faders on it, as i used it to turn on/off the dry/wet, as well as control the dry/wet. I loved being able to slam all my effects of at once... but I like the way my 2 X1's are layed out.. its a reall nice controller. I have one of my 1D's for sale in the "for sale" sction of the forums if you decide to go that route...

Tech Guru

bump for this questions. Thinking about a Xone mixer with either of these. Haven't used either of these --- I like the layout of the 1D with a jogwheel, think im just used to always having one, vs. not having it with the X1. However, the X1 is layed out just right and ready to go. How do folks with two X1's seek thru a song with out jog wheel or pre set cue points. That is my only concern?

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    bump for this questions. Thinking about a Xone mixer with either of these. Haven't used either of these --- I like the layout of the 1D with a jogwheel, think im just used to always having one, vs. not having it with the X1. However, the X1 is layed out just right and ready to go. How do folks with two X1's seek thru a song with out jog wheel or pre set cue points. That is my only concern?

You seek through a song on the X1 using one of the endless knobs. And I had my Xone 1D mapped like that too. That type of mapping is taken basically from Hawtin's setup. On the Xone 1D I had the very top row of knobs mapped so they would turn normally and set the loop size, then if you pushed the knob encoder down as a button it would lock in the loop. Then if you had the shift modifier pushed on, then the knob could seek through a track quite nicely when turned.

Tech Mentor

i have 2 ids but my beef with the x1s is that its hard to use 4 fx units because there are only 2 fx on off buttons per deck

Tech Guru

Bass,

So can you only use two effects per deck? Can you choose which effect or are you limited to a certain fx bank per deck.

Tech Mentor

You can choose. You can use 4 fx untis but the mapping is weird i think. take a look at the layout and youll understand what im saying!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast