Removing the Buttons
    Tech Student

Default Removing the Buttons

Hey all,

Hate to sound like a complete idiot, and I recall this being briefly posted but could not find the detailed thread for the life of me.

I wish to take apart my midi fighter, which isn't a problem, minus the sanwa buttons.

I want to know I am doing it right prior to removing them as I don't want to damage the midi fighter.

I found this is in another post:

"Look in this group for a post on removing the buttons from the top plate - if you're forcing anything you're doing it wrong, they should easily pop out with finger pressure when you get the side clips properly disengaged. "

I know how to pull them out of the acrylic plastic itself, but I'm confused as to how I would go about detaching them from the actual PCB. They seem to be clipped in quite tightly

Anyone care to help a newbie out?

unscrew the top screws and gently lift the faceplate up.. it's pretty easy..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Yes. Just don't force them out. MF is sweet but delicate.
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Thanks so much for this not exactly obvious tip - really saved me from pulling out each button!