BPM problems when using the 'Sampler'
    Tech Convert

Default BPM problems when using the 'Sampler'

I'm sure other users have had this problem, with the answer on this Forum somewhere... But, let me give my version and fix...

The bpm of a deck when using the 'Sampler' on the MidiFighter, can become out of whack. Actually, I have this same problem using the 'Sampler' or other BPM based effects with the VCI-100 v3 mapping.

BUT, this doesn't seem to be the fault of the controller or mapping. It seems to be the fault of Tractor's Auto BPM detection when you start to mess with your sample.

IF your master is the deck with the BPM effect (like the sampler) and you have stopped regular playback so that the effect is all that is playing, then the BPM can start to get confused as you start to mess with other controls, especially those related to the timing. It seems fine on it's own, it's really when you start going at it with other stuff that things fall apart.

To fix this, you either need to switch over the Master BPM to manual, or leave a loop running on your Master Deck with a proper beat grid.

Last thing I want to say that the MidiFighter together with the new VCI-100 v3 mapping is awesome! Great job on such a big mapping that works so well with so many amazing features. I'm sure the guys at Traktor never thought some of this was possible. Plus, kudos to Traktor for creating a software platform that allows people to seriously mess with mappings.

cool,
    dangerboy

Tech Wizard

Oh sweet, I was having this problem too.
    Your solution seems to have fixed the little issue for me.
    (as much as I could notice, in any case.)
    Master BPM--->Manual.

Cheers.

Tech Convert

Yes... I guess my solution was a bit vague...

Switching to manual seems to always work. But sometimes I just leave a loop running with the effect turned to 100% so that you don't hear the loop, you only hear the effect.

I have a theory, it's only a theory because I don't know Traktor's algorithm. It seems like Traktor uses the track's beat grid if it is playing, but if play is stopped, then Traktor uses the sampled effect with it's peak pattern detection to measure BPM without use of the beat grid. To give Traktor credit, this makes since because the 'sampler' effect on the MidiFighter can sample hot-cute patterns, which render the beat grid useless. I sort of wish that Traktor would just 'lock' the BPM, or switch 'master' to another deck with a solid beat.