Kontrol X1 Registration Issues

Default Kontrol X1 Registration Issues

So here's the story.

Went and bought the X1. Read the guide, the online NI stuff, the manual etc. I find out that the X1 driver and Controller Editor are integrated into the latest version of TPro. There's an update to the Controller Editor and driver so I download these and install them.

So far so good.

Launch TPro, plug in the X1 and it's Xmas time. Haven't stopped playing with it for hours, great bit of gear. Functions fully, also, it's not crippled in it's functionality as far as I can tell.

So I decide it's a keeper, and I put in the install CD, it runs up and sits there, does nothing, I look into it's files, and there's none I can find outside of the install file. So I quit that and launch NI service center. It tells me, all my NI stuff is registered, but the list doesn't include the X1.

So I go online, log the serial in the hardware registration and it says "this product requires additional registration, please run service centre".

So I do that, but there's no F******G way to register an additional piece of hardware that I can find so how can I do it?

And I've got plenty of NI stuff registered, but I'm a bit stuck here.

I figure there's folks out there... Lance?...Karlos? that have X1's, did anybody have this issue and can tell me how to sort this out?

Thanks for your help...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

You dont need to register the actual X1 just make sure that the X1 software and Drivers are installed.

You need to have Controller Editor activated in Service Center.

Traktor reads the Serial Number from the X1 when its plugged in.

As long as Controller Editor is activated you should be sorted mate.

K

Hi Karlos, glad I found you.

I haven't run Control Editor yet, it's installed though. So a few more dumb questions so I don't get caught.

1) when I run Control Editor for the first time will it ask me to register and hopefully launch service center to do that? or,

2) is there some other mysterious process to follow?

Thanks for your help..

I can't quite remember!!!

Try running Controller Editor and see what happens.
    It should appear in Service Centre and be activated though.

I ain't with my gear so I can't check mate.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I can't quite remember!!!

Try running Controller Editor and see what happens.
    It should appear in Service Centre and be activated though.

I ain't with my gear so I can't check mate.

K
    Yep, ran it and guess what....it worked fine, no 'registration required" screen etc. Checked in the service center and it's listed and active.

So, I've actually got a fully functioning KX1, that works with TPro without "limited functionality" as NI says it should have, and unlike my AK1, there's no serial number required, and no record of it in the service center.

So how do NI know, I own it, and why does it not become registered in the Service centre. That's not very NI...

Tech Student

how do u find the default x1 mapping? i have to map everything on my own. i downloaded one off the ni user libary but it came in a .tsk file and does not show up when i try to import it. NI are not helping at all i sent a ticket a week ago and nothing.

Plug your X1 in and it will work straight away in NHL mode. No mapping needed.

What version of Traktor is it. Exact Number...???
    Needs to be 1.2.4 or above to work in NHL mode.

A TKS is for Traktor DJ Studio 3. You need a TSI for TPRO if you want to use a user map.