editing EQs in mix

Default editing EQs in mix

OK, Ive ran various searches and read multiple threads before posting this as I assume its a regular question... But ill have to ask anyway.

Ive been playing with TP for a and my VCI for a few months now, but only just recently have I really dived in.

Now im working on a mix, really planning it out, recording as I progress and listening back to check flow bla bal bla

Being that 1. Im new to this and 2. Im only using small speakers, I am finding that some of my EQing levels are out when listening back between one track and the next. (my tracks are already normalised using PN.)

When I finally have a finished mix, what editing software would people here recomend. im just looking to edit some EQ levels, very Basic, im not planning on cutting and pasting anything, because i want to retain that live Feel.

Ive read about Audacity, Albelton and FL as well as many others. I know that one day I will eventually want ableton, however i think its above me at this point in time, saying that, should I just get it and start banging away, or would it be more productive to start with an easier program, especially since my needs arnt great.

Many thanks in advance
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

audacity will do it for you, but you'll be limited to selecting areas of the mix and applying eq settings to that selected area.

or you could use a DAW and use automation if you want. reaper is a DAW by the creator of winamp, it is free to try and $60 to buy, but really any daw will give you more automation features the a wav editor like audacity.

if this is something you're putting a good time and energy into and your mix isn't perfect, why not redo the mix until you are happy?

i guess i don't understand why you plan on getting around the limits of your speakers with this after editing? you could compensate for it during the mix recording instead, and then have a better recording vs editing a recording.

either way best of luck

ableton, fruity loops, anything $$$ is an overkill for this and that money should be spent on better speakers IMO
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk