Thinking about getting an NS7, have a VCI-100
    Tech Guru

Default Thinking about getting an NS7, have a VCI-100

Im thinking about picking up an NS7 locally from a guy who's selling one pretty cheap. I currently have the VCI-100 and have had some gigs with it, and love the new mapping --- but the issue im having is people looking at my vci-100 and midi controller and wondering what "toy" I have. I know the many folks say, who cares as long as you are playing good music - but some pretty high profile gigs are coming up where i will be on "display" and the NS7 is a MUCH more eye appealing set up. Been following DJ Quartz post about the NS7 and Traktor Pro and it looks like i will loose effects functionality without another controller, so im unsure what the best route would be.

Anyone else have similar issues.

=/
    cant stop you man. i had a ns7, mostly for the 'pro look' but i ended up selling it and getting a smaller set up. i played a major gig last night with an apc and a midifighter. the headlining guy was amazed and even started checking it all out!

the ns7 is a beast! if you think you want to carry it everywhere, go for it. if you dont scratch, i'd say don't do it.

but really, who cares what you use? those that complain about the 'toy' look will probably complain about anything that isnt 'real' vinyl.