My Controllerism Project
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Controllerism Project

So a little bit of background as to why I'm doing this. A Few of years ago while drunk I thought it would be a good idea to cut a hole in my desk I use for mixing and mount my mixer flush did it with a drill and a hack saw!
    It looks ghetto as but it worked and it was fun for a while, then while mixing at party's people would put drinks on the desk an the inevitable happened I lost two mixers to rum and coke.
    So i went out and bought some controllers for mixing then i spotted Ean Goldens stuff on you tube which led me to Moldovers excellent work which led me to where I am now.
    I am a bit older and wiser now but I'm still a big kid so I'm creating the MIDI DESK Grin!!
    Already mounted the arcade buttons in the desk, the whole where i cut just has an old face plate in which i will hopefully fit my linear potentiometers and potentiometers or else i will probably make a housing for those units. I also intend to turn the draws the desk sits on into monitor speakers. any advice/constructive criticism you can give would be much appreciated.
    thanks for reading
    Thank you and goodnight
    much love

ugly table, nice idea though keep us all posted

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

I'll 2nd that, the desk looks like it came out of a Silent Hill movie lol. Either way, interested in seeing what you do with it

Banned

That's actually bad ass! I really like the whole idea behind, just have to see how it turns out now.

Good work brother man and keep us posted!

gonna clean the table up a bit get rid of that green stuff and put something like a vinyl plastic, sand down the wood and paint it.

Tech Mentor

The idea is cool but I'm just thinking that if you've lost 2 mixers to rum and coke is building a midi controller desk really the best idea?

This is going to be just for me to play with at home, not playing at parties with this. not that i have played at many parties lately,
    this is like a work up to building something like Moldover's Mojo, when i can afford to fabricate something.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It looks like someone died at that desk.

Props on being original mate..!

Default what i have done so far.

I have been cracking on cleaned up the desk and painted it and soldered the buttons to the wires. now i have hit a wall where do i a solder the +5v wires on my 2 10 pin cables? then is all i need to do is plug in the wires and usb to a usb spltter and into a laptop and load up the firmware? please help i wanna get the button working today. thank you for your time.
    Last edited by HerbStrike; 03-13-2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: add Images

Tech Mentor

Ahh man i shoulda jumped in earllier, i loved the leather boundness of the desk, a proper gentlemans club controller....

Cheers
    D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast