Ipod Display In Traktor Pro
    Tech Convert

Default Ipod Display In Traktor Pro

Ive just recently gottin into the dj world with the vci-100 and traktor pro. I use my Ipod for the music storage. Since recently traktor is no longer displaying my bpm, cover art, etc...for my Ipod. Ive tried my old Ipod and new Ipod neither of them are displaying this stuff anymore. Do any of you guys have any idea what could be going on?

Traktor V 1.2.4
    Ipod 2.0.4 and 1.1.3

you checked the settings under browser details? other than that it might be, but don't quote me on this. but i think traktor only takes cover art from Itunes and displays it if your running the tracks of the Ipod directly i'm assuming that traktor will only recognise it as a storage device.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Traktor no longer show cover art in the iTunes /iPod node.
    This is because users were experiencing slow loading times for iTunes when Traktor read all the cover art. It was removed at due to complaints.

Not sure about bmp values. Ill try my iPod when i get home.

K

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    This is because users were experiencing slow loading times for iTunes when Traktor read all the cover art. It was removed at due to complaints.

K

Thanks, let me know what you find. Im not worried about the cover art. Just the bmp, and the rating of my songs. I have the older version of traktor pro at work and I will see if that still works as I think the problem started when I updated traktor to 1.2.4

Tech Convert

Ya I just tried it on traktor pro 1.1.2.004 and it loads everything on both ipods. The little magnifying glass will disappear when each track is loaded. This is not so on the 1.2.4.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

K
    But it even doesn't display them in the itunes node if they're already imported to my collection. Is there any way to synchronize the traktor playlists with my itunes playlist (instead of just importing all of them each time i change something)? I'm just asking cause i take heavy use of the intelligent playlists in itunes...

Best regards

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The iTunes node no longer shows cover art at all. This was user requested so that iTunes doesnt take long to load playlists.

There is no current way to sync playlists in Traktor with itunes unfortunately .

Traktor will adopt Smart Playlists like iTunes, it is on the to-do list but im not sure when. A lot of people want them so hopefully its soon.

There used to be a feature in Traktor 3 called 'Import From Itunes" which allowed you to import multiple iTunes playlists in one go which would update them in Traktor but they took it out. I have asked for its return but unsuccessfully up to now.

I think there will be major changes to the Browser features and hopefully better iTunes integration as well.

K