Need help on choosing analogue mixer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need help on choosing analogue mixer

Hi guys

I need some advice on buying an mixer. I'm moving on from being a bedroom DJ to playing gigs so I need something that will work well and sound good at a venue.

My current setup is

Vestax VCI-100
    Traktor Pro
    Numark DJ I/O

I would like to start mixing externally as well as hook up my ipod in case of emergencies so I guess I'm looking at a 3/4 channel mixer with XLR outputs. I've been told to stay away from the DJM 400 (poor sound) and to look at the Ecler Nuo series. Effects on the mixer is not a must have as Traktor has more than enough to keep me happy.

What do you guys use ? Anyone fimiliar with Vestax mixers ? I was looking at the PMC 280 but without a distributor in the UK It is proving difficult to get my hands on one.

Xone mixers are very nice if you want a nice analogue sound and dont need fx

A mixer isnt the kind of thing that you can usually take to a venue with you though, remember booths are usually very small ! Most of the time you will be stuck using the mixer thats already installed in the booth.

I won't be playing in clubs just yet. The venues I play at (so far) are big empty halls used for parties. I usually hook up to the other DJs' mixers but it looks like I'll be playing at some gigs on my own so I'll have to have a decent mixer, an amp and I'll be renting speakers.

The 1st mixer I ever touched was a xone 92 and I was well impressed ! However they are on the expensive side so I'm looking for a good decent mid range mixer and once the money starts coming in I'll work my way up to a xone 92

whats your price range bro?

Hard To Find stocks vestax mixers...

check out the MDM410

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR237519

Pretty cheesy onboard sounds, but great build and sound quality for a prime price!
    Last edited by Jack Creamation; 03-07-2010 at 11:12 AM.

Xone 62 or 92... and also the Rane MP 2016S Rotary Mixer coupled with the XP 2016S Expander is a nice setup... wouldn't suggest carrying it around though....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Creamation View Post
    whats your price range bro?

Hard To Find stocks vestax mixers...

check out the MDM410

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR237519

Pretty cheesy onboard sounds, but great build and sound quality for a prime price!
    Price range is about £500 max

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Xone 62 or 92... and also the Rane MP 2016S Rotary Mixer coupled with the XP 2016S Expander is a nice setup... wouldn't suggest carrying it around though....
    The Rane is outside my price range. Are you familiar with Ecler mixers ? Are they any good ? The xone 62 I may consider.

Tech Guru

dude, Ecler mixers are the SHIT, they're my weapon of choice hands down for reasons I couldn't even know where to start. They're feature packed, tanks, and great ergonomic layout.

Xone 42?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    dude, Ecler mixers are the SHIT, they're my weapon of choice hands down for reasons I couldn't even know where to start. They're feature packed, tanks, and great ergonomic layout.
    Which Ecler mixer are you rocking ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast