I really need some help with my setup and wanted opinions, given that I think I have an unworkable problem relating to my Mixvibes U46MKII soundcard.

How well does Mixvibes CROSS work with the Vestax VCI-100? Is it stable?
The main thing I'm looking for is to get my VCI-100 working with my Windows XP laptop and Mixvibes U46mkII soundcard.

The problem:
My U46mlII gives me endless troubles when used with Traktor and the VCI-100. The problem seems to be with the drivers, which I've changed back and forth so many times between the official U46 driver and ASIO4all, nothing works consistently. The system will work one day for hours, and the next I'll just get no sound / bad sound / very, very soft sound without changing the settings! It may be due to the order in which I plug in the devices to USB, or the USB slot I use on a given day, I'm just not sure.

The VCI seems to work fine as a Traktor controller.

So, I'm thinking about 2 options:
  • - selling my U46 and getting a different soundcard
  • OR
  • - using Mixvibes software instead, like CROSS.

I figure that the MixVibe software may work better than Traktor, since its a Mixvibes soundcard.

Can you please give me your opinion?

PS: Often when it is working, my U46mkII also gives me a high pitched buzzing in the background, as if there's a grounding problem. Any ideas on how to address this? Use a power plug with a surge protector? Use some king of "earthing" filter? Getting a new power supply?