Help!:Two midi devices at the same time.
    Tech Student

Default Help!:Two midi devices at the same time.

Hi I need some help with my DJ-equipment I want to connect my Dj-console(Reloop Digital jockey 2) with my keyboard (M-audio Keystation-49e) Right now if i connect them both at the same time the keyboard will press random things on my console.

What i want is to make the keystation-49e play hot cues from the tracks while the console works normally, so like if they worked separately.

Thanks. (Btw say if you need some more info)

(note please move this to an other part of the forum, I'm sorry I'm new)
    Last edited by Twitwi; 03-08-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: read the note, it needs to get moved

Tech Guru

they are probably sending data on the same channel. you can probably change the channel right on your keyboard .. probably not on the reloop .. but its enough to change the channel on one of them. there is also software that can do this for any controller .. like for OSX there is a free app called midipipe .. i am sure for windows there is something similar around (midiyoke?)
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Student

thank you ill look into it

Tech Student

I can't get it to work right, I think it's because I'm using Windows 7, and I don't under stand that with channels, as far as I can hear the keyboard and the console works both on every channel.

Is there made any tutorial on midi mapping with channels?

Tech Guru

Hmm not sure. I once wrote a little tutorial of how to do it with bome:
    http://ifnotwhynot.me/you-win-some-you-loose-some

Anyways, the point is that even if your midi devices can send on different channels, its up to you to tell them to do so. So just find out on which channel they are currently sending, look up the docs on one of them of how to change the channel and you are all set.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music