NewB needing some links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default NewB needing some links

So ive got my vci 100 le working perfectly now. I have a booklet called like, "the ultimate guide for traktor" because im using traktor pro on my win7 pc. I also have a midi fighter and have no idea how to use it. Along with that i have a keyboard and drum machine.

What i need links to are videos or step by step guides on how to get myself started, because i really dont know that much about djing. Im having my two friends teach me.

ATM im just trying to use my vci because adding the midifighter confuses the hell out of me cuz i cant get it working. Plus i dont wanna use the other stuff till i get more accustomed to what im doing.

Any links, and i mean any links will be helpful, even if u give me the sticky i already have. I just need as many sources as i can browse through to get myself into this head first with out snapping my neck or so to say.

Thanks so much for your time, and sorry if i wasted your time.

Tech Guru

go to youtube

look up Ean Golden, and then look up DJ Tutor.

Stupid kids and there expensive starting gear get the .tsi's from this site and check out dj tech tools on YouTube

+1 for the youtube channels. ellaskins has good general advice and tips for "noobies" if at times a bit "djing for dummies" ish. Eans channel is more controllerism specific. hang out with dj mates that may or may not know what they are doing, and don't be afraid to ask "hey, how the hell did you do that?" at every opportunity. Learn how to program midi and get to know your gear back to front. and grab someone's ear in here, many helpful lads to give you a hand with stuff buddy.
    Last edited by Jester; 03-09-2010 at 01:49 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMikey View Post
    Stupid kids and there expensive starting gear get the .tsi's from this site and check out dj tech tools on YouTube
    O/T
    Think it's a bit rough to go call people 'stupid' because they choose to learn of expensive (ie high quality, versatile) gear. Personally, while I know my way around Traktor purely through using it and teaching it myself (alongside the odd YouTube video) I have no gear what-so-ever, never had a gig, have never had to 'read the crowd' etc, but my god I saved hard to by the arcade (high quality, versatile, and yes, expensive [especially with the $100AUS postage fee to Australia]) and I believe it was a much better choice than learning on a piece of shit, and forking put more money later... Nice rep you've made for yourself already, and only your 4th post...

Sorry for the rant, but yeh I'm 17, and supposable because I'm young and like to buy the best stuff I can (realistically) I seem to be stupid... I like to think that me purchasing that expensive stuff will not only greatly benefit me, but will also in return help Ean and the more than helpful (shout out to bento ;p , zach etc) people he has running the show with him.
    Im here, because i honestly believe im learning from the best, whether it be through the blog posts, or on the forum..

Back on topic sorry, my advice to you would be to just sit down with Traktor, load up your favourite song, and take some time to familiarise yourself with the general UI / effects etc. Then move on to downloading the mappings available on this site, watch the video explanation for the mapping on YouTube, and rinse and repeat the process of taking some time to relax, and see how much you can discover just by 'mucking' around with the device paired with the program.
    Remember, you can always throw a post up on this forum, and you can almost bet someone will have the solution, or help you find it, because that's the sort of awesome community that has been established on this site, and in the forums...

Sorry again for the rant.. Long day at uni being 'stupid'
    Hope the information i provided above helped even a little, feel free to hit me up a pm if you want to ask anything.. While im definately no expert in any way, ill try to help in any way i can

fusion
    Last edited by fusion; 03-09-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMikey View Post
    Lmmfao I love reading stuff like this, all it proves is that u are ignorant, don't care much for other ppl, and that ur jealous that a 19 year old just bought one like it was nothing. Now I'm not gonna go into detail but it wasn't very easy to get one of these.
    I also started on virtual dj with a hurcules controller. I also use to mix songs back on sony acid many years ago. You make me laugh, and at the same time I feel sry for how closed minded you are.

Lol fusion ur awesome u got to tear this kid a new one before I even noticed the post. I'm a add u to my friends u sound like a rly cool dude, and thanks for the tips.

Its called "Gear Envy" buddy Goood onya.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

If I was a mod I would ban that guy in a second. Which is why I will never be a mod on any forum

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, no bans. Takes a bit more then one rude comment, or else, shit, I'd have been banned by now But I obviously don't need to repeat what's been said here already.

Regardless

Yeah, get on the youtubes, follow the advice of the smart people on there, and keep learning. There's a lot out there, but once you weed through it you'll find some wonderful resources.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    +1 for the youtube channels. ellaskins has good general advice and tips for "noobies" if at times a bit "djing for dummies" ish. Eans channel is more controllerism specific. hang out with dj mates that may or may not know what they are doing, and don't be afraid to ask "hey, how the hell did you do that?" at every opportunity. Learn how to program midi and get to know your gear back to front. and grab someone's ear in here, many helpful lads to give you a hand with stuff buddy.
    +1 for ellaskins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast